B.P.PODDAR INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT & TECHNOLOGY
• What is 3D Internet?
• Why 3D Internet?
• Examples of 3D technology
• The internet is evolving to become to de- facto cyberspace.
• The 3D internet is one of the most important technologies.
• Virtual world or virtual reality .
• new way to reach consumers ,business customers ,students etc.
• 3D internet is actually a much better alternative way of
organizing data which every one knows and uses.
• Combination of two powerful forces
• The result : Interactive ,real time 3D graphics delivered over the
WHAT IS 3D INTERNET?
• Interesting 3D Shopping.
• Easy social interactions.
• To represent interior design effectively.
• Gaming made more interesting.
• Distance learning is a joyous
Why 3D Internet?
Web 1.0 Web2.0 Web 3.0
Functionality Companies publish
limited webpages for large
num of users..
People publish info for
Integaration of data over
the internet from various
Usage Adobe.com for graphics
CNN.com for news
Integration of devices :
cellphones, cars etc.. High
Extensibility Upto ‘n’ users Upto ‘n’ users Upto ‘n2’ users
ONE WEB : same info for all users
irrespective of all aspects…
Semantic WEB : linked data…
• Participants have control throughout the virtual space.
• Content readily available.
• Participants have a choice in whether to interact with
• Open source development.
• Realistic rendering
• The limited effectiveness of traditional media techniques.
• Lack of an effective way for enabling people in virtual world.
• Difficult in modeling , high cost.
• Require high internet speed.
• Difficulty in viewing 3D objects in 2D display devices.
• Product visualization
• 3D virtual shop
• Interact in virtual workspace
• 3D chat spaces
• Web based training using interactive 3D
• Virtual experimental of physical science
(tech learn and practice in a way that’s feel ”real”)
Collaborative design and engineering
• Product design
• 3D visualization of data for various field.
• Multi-player ,fully 3D game
• Streaming 3D animation
• Used for 3D imaging
• Any one putting “the goggles”
Will be immersed in a 3D “stereoVision”
• virtual reality called 3D life
• User can navigate easily throughout mall.
• Find themselves into virtual shopping envi.
• Time saving approach.
• Time saving
• Easy to handle
• Increased design performance
• Display device used in 3D internet
• It uses a computer display technology
• that provide 180 degree of viewing
angle to its users