Step-by-step Guide for Securingyour Airtel WiFi 1. Connect laptop to DSL Modem through Ethernet cable provided with DSL Modem. 2. Download the Airtel WiFi Security & Configuration Dialer Software (Microsoft Windows only) 3. Install the Dialer Software 4. Download the Security Patch for Beetel DSL Routers 5. Upgrade Beetel DSL Router for use with Airtels Security Portal 6. Generate Usernames & Passwords on the Airtel WiFi Security Portal 7. Connect Securely to the WiFi Router using the Dialer Software 8. TroubleshootingDownload the Dialer1. Go to http://mywifi.airtelbroadband.in
2. Click on “Downloads” on left hand side panel. The next screen would belike below:
3. Click on “Airtel Secure Wi-Fi Dialer” option on left hand side. It will showyou the following screen:4. Click on “Download as Zip” OR “Download as Executable” as per yourrequirement.5. It will provide you an executable file named “airtel-secure-wifi-dialer-2_5_0_1a.exe” and ask you to save the file.6. Save the file and it will download the dialer for you.
7. Now right click on the downloaded file, click on the properties and checkthe size of the file which should be 6.33 MB8. If the size is 6.33 MB then move ahead for dialer installation but if thesize is less then this that means file is not downloaded properly. You have todownload it again using the preceding steps.Dialer Installation
1. Double click on the setup file “airtel-secure-wifi-dialer-2_5_0_1a.exe”.2. Click on Run. It will show you the below screen:
3. Click on Next and the next screen would be:4. Click on install. It will install the dialer and will ask for a reboot onwindows XP only and click on ok:
5. Now start the dialer from all programs. When the dialer runs for the firsttime, you will be prompted to install the Airtel Secure Wi-Fi Certificate.6. Click yes to install the certificate and it will open the dialerFirmware Download
2. Click on downloads on left hand side panel. The next screen would be likebelow:
3. Click on “Modem firmware” on left hand side. It will show the belowscreen:4. Click on upper download button for Beetel modem and lower downloadbutton for the Binatone modem.5. Save the file named “Firmware-21.ras” for Beetel modem and “ DT4W-A5007_ras.dat” file for Binatone modem.6. Check the size of the downloaded file. Right click on the file, click onproperties. Size would be1.28 MB for Beetel and 1.27MB for Binatone
Firmware UpgradeFor Beetel 450 TC1 Modem1. Open the modem page using the default ip “192.168.1.1”.It will ask forusername and password.By default “admin” is the username and “password”is password.
2. check the firmware version3. click on “Maintenance” Tab
4. Click on “Firmware” sub tab5. Now click on choose file and select the downloaded file and click on“UPGRADE” button
6. Now it will show the upgradation process and auto reboot aftercompletion.7. Check the firmware version after upgradation. As of now The latestversion for Beetel is “TM4-0Q-021” .8. Check the Wireless settings. Click on the “Interface setup “ Tab
9. Click on “Wireless” sub tab.10. Cross verify the following setting:Authentication type: WPA2 enterpriseMain server address: 184.108.40.206Main server port: 1812Main server shared secret: airtelbroadbandBackup server port : 1812Encryption type: AES11. If any of the wireless settings differ from the specified above thencorrect them and click on save button at the end of the wireless settings.Beetel 450 BX1 Modem1.Open the modem page using the default ip “192.168.1.1”.It will ask forusername and password.By default “admin” is the username and “password”is password.
2. check the firmware version by typing http://192.168.1.1/look.html. Themodem will show current firmware version.3. Check the wireless settings. It will show WPA-PSK in “Networkauthentication” field.4. Click On “Management” on left hand panel. Then click on “updatesoftware” and choose the firmware file
4. Click on “update software” button. It will take approx. 2 min and Modemwill reboot automatically. Relogin into the modem and check the firmwareversion again.5. At last check the wireless settings and it will only show WPA2 in “Networkauthentication” field.
For Binatone ADSL modem1. Open the modem page using the default ip “192.168.1.1”.It will ask forusername and password.By default “admin” is the username and “password”is password.2. check the firmware version. Click on “Maintenance” Tab. Click on“Firmware” sub tab
3. Now click on choose file and select the downloaded file and click on“UPGRADE” button4. Now it will show the upgradation process and auto reboot aftercompletion.
5.Check the firmware version after upgradation. As of now The latest version for binatone is “DT4W-A.5007”.6. Hard reset the modem once. It’s mandatory.7. Check the Wireless settings. Click on the “Interface setup “ Tab. Click on“Wireless” sub tab.
8. Cross verify the following setting:Authentication type: WPA2 enterpriseMain server address: 220.127.116.11Main server port: 1812Main server shared secret: airtelbroadbandBackup server Address :18.104.22.168Backup server port : 1813Backup server shared secret: airtelbroadbandEncryption type: AES There is some incompatibility issue with internet explorer. We recommend Firefox Mozilla to upgrade firmware. In Beetel and Binatone modem we recommend to hard reset the modem once because it doesnt take the normal wifi settings.
if you are degrading modem firmware, sometime windows 7 does not allow you to open the admin page after degradation. In this case open the page using windows XP.DSL username Registration1. Go to http://mywifi.airtelbroadband.in
3. Enter the DSL Username and password provided by airtel in the “DSLUsername” and “password” and captcha code in the text box.
4. Click on login and It will open Subscriber Self Provisioning wizard5. Enter the required details. Always check the modem Mac address (WLAN mac) from the admin page. Don’t trust on the label printed under the modem.
6. Make sure the WlanMAC and Wifi username should be available. Afterentering the Wlan Mac if it’s showing “already in use” contact Airtel team.7. After entering the wifi username if it’s showing “already in use”, pleaseput some another username as the entered username is already used by anyother customer.
8. Click on the submit button and it will show you the registered wifiusername9. You can logout now.Connect to WiFi1. Open the dialer. In some cases your O.S neither creates shortcut on desktop nor shows the dialer in all programs (may be some O.S fault). In that case browse to "c:Program FilesAirtel secure Wi-fi" and double click on AirtelDotOneXDialer executable.
2. Enter the wifi username and password which you have entered duringDSL username registration.
3.Click on connect button and it will connect successfully.TroubleshootingDialer download not possibleWhat could the cause be? • Internet connectivity is lost / DNS failure • Subscriber portal itself is not opening up • Dialer is not available for download on the subscriber portal • Dialer is available, but clicking the download link gives HTTP 404 errorHow to Troubleshoot • If getting HTTP 404 error, then try downloading the dialer at your end to confirm this error and if found, escalate this to Airtel. • Try to ping the gateway and some other website e.g. www.yahoo.com • Check Internet connectivity by opening up some other website e.g. www.google.com • Clear the browser cache and then close and restart the browser. Try downloading the dialer again • Choose a different download folderDialler not working
What could the cause be? • Dialer fails to start • Dialer gives the error "Unable to initialize Wireless Networking.“ • Wireless radio is switched off • What to troubleshoot:* • If dialer fails to start to start and give some dll related error, try re- installing the dialer again • Most of the laptops and some PCs have the ability to switch off the wireless radio by pressing a keyboard key or by toggling the wireless switch. Ensure that wireless is turned on • Running the dialer gives “Unable to initialize Wireless Networking “ error, then ensure that the following services are enabled and set to automatically start on boot • Windows XP : Wireless Zero Configuration • On Windows 7 : WLAN AutoConfig • On Windows Vista : WLAN AutoConfigUnable to Upgrade Firmware • Modem is not accepting the firmware file • Unable to upgrade firmwareHow to Troubleshoot • Check the size of firmware file if it is fully downloaded or not • Hard rest the modem once • Try with the Mozilla browser as there is some compatibility issue with explorer.No Network while scanningWhat could the cause be? • CPE is switched off • Wireless radio is switched off • CPE firmware is not updated or the settings have been fiddled with • How to Troubleshoot:* • Ensure that the CPE is switched on • Most of the laptops and some PCs have the ability to switch off the wireless radio by pressing a keyboard key or by toggling the wireless switch. Ensure that wireless is turned on
• Check the CPE settings to ensure that it is running the right firmware & settings for WPA2/Enterprise are correct. • Broadcast SSID should be enabled in wireless sub section under Interface setup section of modem.Not getting authenticated • Connecting to the wrong SSID • Connecting from the wrong laptop/PC • Dialer shows the error message “Please check user name and password” • Dialer show the error message “Request timed out” • Dialer shows the error “Unable to connect wifi 1168 error. Please configure the wifi manually.”How to Troubleshoot: • Ensure that the user is connecting to his own SSID and not his neighbor’s • Ensure that you are entering the correct username & password • Check if the antivirus firewall is disabled or not. • Ensure that any third party utility is not managing the wireless. • In Binatone modem ensure that SSID number should be set to 1. • In case of 1168 error please create a wifi profile manually. Refer https://mywifi.airtelbroadband.in/airtelwifi/pages/html/Windows_XP_ manual_setting.pdf • In case of 1169 error, wifi card is not supporting WPA2 Enterprise and CAS can’t be configured on that Pc/laptop. • In case the dialer shows “Request timed out”, check the following: • Internet connectivityThe radius server should be reachable from the CPE. Tell the customer toconnect a machine to the CPE using a Ethernet cable and ping the RADIUSserver IP address. Always check the modem mac address (WLANmac) from the admin page. Don’t trust on the label printed under the modem.