Evolution of Cloud computing
Definition of Cloud computing – NIST
Other types of delivery models
• Group of
people are work
achieve a goal
resources as a
• Introduced in
• Network based
Cloud computing is a model for enabling convenient
, on demand network access to a shared pool of
configurable computing resources that can be
rapidly provisioned and released with minimal
management effort or service provider interaction.
There are some other services in cloud
• DaaS – Data as a service
• SECaaS – Security as a service
• TaaS – Testing as a service
• STaaS – Storage as a service
• BPaaS – Business Process as a service
DaaS is a cousin of Software as a service(SaaS)
DaaS is based on the concept that the data can be
provided on demand to the consumer.
Data as a Service (DaaS) is a distribution model in which
data files (including text, images, sounds, and videos) are
made available to consumers over a network.
Data is usually located in relational databases inside
corporate data centers.
DaaS offers convenient and cost-effective solutions for
• Xignite company that makes financial data available to
Daas pricing models have two types:
• Quantity-based pricing and pay-per-call (PPCall).
• Data type based model.
• Ability to move data easily from one platform to
• Global accessibility.
• Comfortable to administration.
• Automatic updates.
• Eliminate redundancy.
• Data accessibility is controlled through data services,
which improves data quality.
Security-as-a-service (SECaaS) is an outsourcing model
for security management.
It involves application such as anti – virus software that
is provided over internet to consumers.
SECaaS can be referred to as security management in
These security services often include anti-
malware, intrusion detection, security event management
• Security as a Service product vendors include Cisco,
• McAfee was the first vendor who try to bring SECaaS
• Their product name is McAfee ASaP.
• Faster user provisioning.
• Greater security that is available within an
• SECaaS solutions are provided on a monthly rental
• All latest updates are automatically installed.
Testing as a Service (TaaS) is a model in which testing
activities are performed.
TaaS is widely used and it is a popular terminology
across the testing industry.
TaaS model include automated regression testing,
performance testing, security testing and
monitoring/testing of cloud - based applications etc.,
TaaS is sometimes known as “On – Demand testing”.
The test resources are provisioned automatically to the
After testing consumer can deprovisioned the resources to
When ever consumer need the resource they can
reprovision the resources from the providers.
• Wipro now announced that launching the TaaS to
• Standardized testing processes and the availability of
additional resources increases the quality of the
• TaaS allow testers to conduct tests at a higher load.
• They can also verify that the application is suitable on
various platforms, devices etc.
Storage as a service (STaaS) is a business model in which
a large service provider rents space in their storage
infrastructure on the measured basis
Storage as a Service is often used to solve offsite backup
Storage-as-a-Service packages may include features like
redundancy, scalability, support for large data
objects, management, and transfer of data etc.,
• Google docs 5GB (free).
• Amazon cloud 5GB (free).
• Companies find that they can save money by investing
• No need to pay for backup tools.
• We can offload the complexities associated with
The Business Process as a Service (BPaaS) model which
originates fundamentally from the idea of outsourcing
Many enterprises are seeking third-party vendors to host
business solutions rather than source the hardware and
This is widely known as the Software-as-a-service (SaaS)
model and it’s making enterprises more efficient.
Any business process can be delivered as a service over
In the BPaaS environment, a vendor not only hosts its
solution on behalf of the enterprise, it also takes part in
managing the tool to ensure business goals are met.
The software that is related to the BPaaS is provided
separately to the consumers.
• BaaS model is cost effective.
• Better growth in Business
• Support for the implementation
and configuration of business
• On demand service through a
monthly and annual
subscription pricing model.
All the services are said together as Xaas – “Anything
and Anywhere as a service”.
These all services can be buy from different providers if
there is a standard API service all the services are
connected easily in cloud.
The three different service models for the delivery of cloud
computing IaaS, SaaS, and PaaS provide the ability to
mix and match the best service model to the business
needs of their organization based upon requirements and