Soft Skills Presentation
• What is Dressing Sense?
• Variance in Dressing
• Do’s and Don'ts while Dressing Yourself
9/4/2013 Soft Skills 2
What is Dressing Sense?
• A Dressing Sense is nothing but common understanding of what
to be worn in different kinds of environments and ambience.
• The classification of these dressings basically depends upon the
formality and the times of the day.
• More specifically, the dressing sense changes intuitively and also
due to nationality.
• At more formal events , dress codes are specified.
9/4/2013 Soft Skills 3
Variance in Dressing
9/4/2013 Soft Skills 4
– Formals are general terms for clothing worn for formal social
Events like Wedding, School, College, Organization etc.
– Semi formals refers to Black tail coat with formal ,either
stripped or checkered trousers.
Worn in evenings, Theatre nights etc.
– This refers to Everyday Wear.
Worn on social occasions , everyday life.
9/4/2013 Soft Skills 5
• Suit- The suit is the single
most important garment
worn by a business
• Shirt-The shirt must be
white ,grey or light colored.
• Trouser- Trouser must be
well stitched and properly
pressed and matched with
Formal Dressing CONTD.
• Tie-A suit must always go
with a lively colored tie.
• Shoes-Black leather polished
oxford style shoes are
• Socks- Socks must be clean
and color coordinated.
• Accessories-Attention must
be paid to subtle ,quality
accessories such as belts,
9/4/2013 Soft Skills 6
• Saree is the most elegant wear.
• Be careful about nails, hands, toes
• Always wear smart formal or
• Style your hair in smart yet simple
9/4/2013 Soft Skills 7
• This combination is a less formal version of Morning
• Features a longer, cutaway Morning Coat.
• The definition of semi-formal attire can be somewhat
• For men, semi-formal attire means wearing a full
suit, with vest optional.
• For women, a relatively wide variety of clothing can
be considered semi-formal attire.
9/4/2013 Soft Skills 8
• Informal attire consists of, for men, a suit, the main
components of which are a pair of Trouser with a
• It is referred as everyday wear.
• Informal attire is today considered a conservative
form of dress.
9/4/2013 Soft Skills 9
Do’s and Don’ts
• Success is in the Details!
• Personal Appearance
• Appearance is Everything
9/4/2013 Soft Skills 10
Success is in the Details!
• Clean and polished conservative dress shoes.
• Minimal or no cologne or perfume.
• Minimal jewelry.
• No visible body piercing beyond conservative ear
piercing for women.
• No gum, candy, or other objects in your mouth.
9/4/2013 Soft Skills 11
Appearance is everything!
• Well-groomed hairstyle .
• Your facial hair should be neatly trimmed.
• Tie , Belt and Socks should be as per the color of
• Cleaned and trimmed fingernails .
• Well-brushed teeth and fresh breath.
• No body odor.
• Make-up should be minimal.
9/4/2013 Soft Skills 12
That’s what it should be…
9/4/2013 Soft Skills 13