Sample Jobs at IITs
Goldman Sachs FICC
Morgan Stanley Strats and Modeling
Tower Research Capital
WorldQuant (Millenium Partners)
(in alphabetical order)
Most of the interviews are technical and
focused on different topics depending on
strength of team and niche work. However, the
topics can be classified under:
2) Computer Science
3) Brain Teasers
Interview Preparation - Mathematics
Probability, Random Variables And Stochastic Processes -
Fifty Challenging Problems in Probability with Solutions
Advanced Engineering Mathematics - by Kreyszig
Linear Algebra And Its Applications - by Gilbert Strang
What Is Mathematics? - by Richard Courant
Interview Preparation - Computer
Introduction To Algorithms - by Cormen, Lieserson, Rivest
Algorithms - by Robert Sedgewick
C++: The Complete Reference
The C++ Programming Language - by Stroustrup
Programming in C++ - by Cohoon and Davidson
Interview Topics - Brain Teasers
Mathematical Puzzles: A Connoisseur's Collection - by
Entertaining Mathematical Puzzles - by Martin Gardner
Mathematical Puzzles of Sam Loyd
Sample Questions - Probability +
Engg Math + Algorithm + Puzzles
Lots of them on my blog - CSE Blog - http://pratikpoddarcse.blogspot.com
CSE Blog - quant, math, computer science puzzles
Quant, Math & Computer Science Puzzles for Interview Preparation & Brain Teasing
Sample Questions - C++
● What is the difference between a pointer and a reference?
● What does it mean to declare a function or variable as static?
● What is the difference between a struct and a class in C++?
● What is the purpose of a constructor/destructor?
● What does it mean to declare a member function as virtual/static?
● What is polymorphism?
● What happens when you have a non-virtual method in a base class and a
method of the same name in a derived class?
● Can you call a virtual function in a base class when you have overridden
● How could you determine if a linked list contains a cycle in it?
● How would you reverse a doubly linked list?
● How would you traverse a binary tree?
The opinions expressed here represent my own and not those of my employer.
All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. The author and the institutions and
organizations he is affiliated to make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of
any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries,
or damages arising from its display or use.