• Wnidows Server 2008 R2 64bit with service pack or Windows Server 2012
• SQL Server 2008R2 or SQL Server 2012
• Windows Identity Foundation v1.1
• Microsoft Information Protection and Control Client
• Microsoft WCF Data Services
• Windows Management Framework 3.0
• Application Server Role
• Web Server (IIS) Role
• Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
• Update for the .NET Framework 4 (KB2468871)
• Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Native Client
• Windows Identity Foundation (KB974405)
• Microsoft Sync Framework Runtime v1.0 (x64)
• Windows Server App Fabric
• 1. Download and unzip the files ISO file the
SharePoint Server 2013 setup
• 2. Way to install Prerequsit: Run the setup
file and you will get a link 'Install
Software Prerequisites '.Or you can click on
Prerequsit icon within ISO file
• 3. Server will be restarted at the time of
prerequisites installation . After
installation you will view below screen and
• 4. After prerequisites installation start the
setup file again and Click on the
'install SharePoint Server' .
• After that 'Enter your Product Key ' option will
appear and click on Continue.
• 5. Now click on the check box to Accept Terms
of agreement and click continue to move on
the next screen
• 6. Installation server type will be appear to
you ,now have to chose one between
installing either Completely or Stand-Alone.
Select one of the types and click on Install
• 7. Once the installation is complete, you can
choose to run the Configuration Wizard as
shown below. Now you Configuration Wizard
screen will appaear, click Close to continue.
• 8. Now welcome screen will be appear click
next to continue
• 9. After that an warning message may be
viewable that make you update that at time
of configuration listed service will restart or
• 10. If you already have any server farm then
click 'Connect to an existing server farm'
or click on 'Create a new server farm'
• 11.Specify your configuration database
settings and enter the DOMAINsp_farm
• 12 Specify the Farm Passphrase which was
first introduced in SharePoint 2010. This
passphrase is important and will be required
for future installs of SharePoint 2013 when
configured in the same farm.
• 13 Here I like to specify an alternate more
memorable port number.
• 15. Now this is were I ran into an issue. The
configuration process began and it
failed at step 3
• Now this error indicate SQL Server instance does not have the
required ”max degree of parrallelism” setting of 1. We need to run
the following script on our SQL 2012 server.
• sp_configure 'show advanced options', 1; GO RECONFIGURE WITH
OVERRIDE; GO sp_configure 'max degree of parallelism', 1; GO
RECONFIGURE WITH OVERRIDE; GO
It's an important issue that SQL under databases that the
SharePoint_Config database had been created. We need to delete
the SharePoint_Config DB otherwise we would have to specify a
new name when re-running the SharePoint Configuration Wizard.
• After deleting the SharePoint_Config DB, re-run the SharePoint