About Me online social networking and microblogging service sharing short messages (less than 140 characters) called “Tweets” can include links to other content in their tweetsconnects people to latest ideas and news
About Me Born on March 2006 Started as idea of using an SMS service to communicate with a small group Original named as “twttr”, later changed into “Twitter” First tweet “just settingFull version in July 15, up my twttr” 2006
1. Started for 2. 100 the first time private with first accounts tweet as ““just setting up my twttr” 2006 3. Twttr.com launched to the 4. Twttr.com public rebranded as Twitter.co m
1. Twitter as a separate company 2007 2. Received festival’s Web3. RSS feeds Award during and South by permalinks Southwest created (SXSS) festival
6. 100 million 1. Receives $15 tweets per billion in quarter Series B funding 2. Started blacklisting5. Twitter Spammers acquires Summize 2008 3. Launched 4. Survived status blog to iPhone 3G communicate Stevenote, about the Partners with issues with the Simmuze to services cover Apple
4.2 billion Tweets per quarter 1.Receives $3M in Series C funding 2009 2. Acquires3.Receives $100M in Mixer lab Series D funding
5. Launched 1. Receives $5.17 redesigned site in Series E with new logo funding 2. In Feb. 504. In June. 65 million 2010 million Tweets per day Tweets per day 3. 70,000+ registered applications
1. About 140million Tweets daily 2011 2. Over hauled website featuring3. Tested new the “Fly” design home page and phased out the old
4. Modified logo removing text to 1. Twitter and show case Yandex agreedredesigned bird as to partnership sole symbol (announced) 20123. 140 million users 2. Celebrated and 340 million its sixth Tweets per day birthday
In Nepal Ranks #11 in most visited website over 12K Twitter users but active users are much less. Nepalese brands use twitter less Ncell has only 502 Nepal Telecom has Twitter followers2,242 Twitter followers
Why ME? Most used social media building a strong base of engaged Twitter followers who share Large number of users 57% of all companies use twitter for marketing More than 50% usersfollow brands or products
How to do it? Promoted Accounts •featured in search results•help discover new business and people of same interest •can be geo-targeted at the country level
How to do it? Promoted Trends •drive conversations and interest around your brand•gets massive exposure and is ideally placed to kickstart or amplify a conversation•give users something new andexciting to discover, participate in, and share.
How to do it? Promoted Tweets•Use Promoted Tweets to amplify your message with targeting options •Promoted Tweets in search •Promoted Tweets in timeline •Targeting across mobile and desktop •Geographic targeting
How to do it? Profile pages•Customize your brand’s Twitter profile (profile background, pinned tweets etc.)•Deliver results with your profilepage •Communicate with more user •Offer exclusive content •Refresh your page frequently
References http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twitter business.twitter.com http://www.parakhi.com/blogs/2012/07/01/n epal-is-active-twitter http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter/twitter- stats-2012_b30967Note: All the pictures and logos are properties of their respective ownersand have been used here only for educational purpose without anyintention to infringe their copyrights.