DO YOU KNOW ?
• Global Digital Ad spend to overtake
newspapers by 2015
SO WHAT IS ONLINE ADVERTISING?
• Online advertising, also called Internet advertising, uses the
Internet to deliver promotional marketing messages to
• It includes email marketing, search engine marketing, social
media marketing, many types of display advertising (web
banner advertising) and mobile advertising.
• In 2012, Internet advertising revenues in the United States
totaled $36.57 billion, a 15.2% increase over the $31.74 billion
in revenues in 2011
Search engine marketing (SEM) / Pay per click (PPC)
• Search engine marketing (SEM) is a form of Internet
marketing that involves the promotion of websites
by increasing their visibility in search engine results
pages (SERPs) through optimization and advertising.
• SEM may use search engine optimization (SEO), that
adjusts or rewrites website content to achieve a
higher ranking in search engine results pages or
use pay per click listings.
Search Engines across the globe
• Search engines with SEM programs
Soso.com - China
Baidu - China
Seznam.cz - Czech Republic
Yandex - Russia
Rambler - Russia
Timway - Hong Kong
Onkosh - Arabic search - Middle East
Aýna - Arabic search - Middle East and North Africa
Leit.is - Iceland
SO WHY GOOGLE ??????
• Because they provide the best search
results for their users.
• They are constantly updating their search
algorithm to ensure that when you
search for something you will get the
best and most relevant results.
• Google succeeds through innovation
Google Adwords Reaches Global Markets
Google in over 100
The Google Network reaches
more than 80% of worldwide
Sources: Measured by Media Metrix and NetRatings (September 2004); “2005 Web Globalization Report Card,” Byte Level Research (November 2004)
The Google Network
Google: #1 U.S.