WHAT SHOULD A BUSINESS PLAN COVER?
A business plan is a ‘Plan for your Business’. It is not a document that you make for the investors. It is a document that you should prepare for yourself. Writing down your business plan helps you think through the assumptions clearly, and often writing helps you identify impracticalities in the through process.
Yes, for investor presentations too, a business plan is necessary.
Broadly speaking, a business plan should communicate the following to an investor:
• What are you selling and to whom?
• How large do you see the company growing to – what is your own aspiration for the company?
• How are you going to implement it?
• How are you going to make money?
• Why are you the right team for the investors to invest in ?