language reviewlanguage review
skills / gameskills / game
Vocabulary – page 68
you know the drill! partner up and do exercise A,you know the drill! partner up and do exercise A,
D, discuss ED, discuss E
a)thrown in at the deep end
b)get on like a house on fire
c)fish out of water
d)put my foot in it
e)we don’t see eye to eye
f)a real eye-opener
g)break the ice
h)got into hot water
Reading – handout
In partners, do exercises A, B, C, DIn partners, do exercises A, B, C, D
Exercise D –
present to another pair
Language Review – page
do exercises A and B in pairsdo exercises A and B in pairs
3.both (depending on advisory or compulsory)
5.both (advisory or compulsory)
6.both (two senses: she needn’t work so hard; it’s
not good for her to do so)
7.both (depending on the strength of advice)
8.don’t have to
Skills – page 71
In pairs, do exercise B, C, EIn pairs, do exercise B, C, E
1. Sorry, I didn’t catch that.
2. I’m afraid I won’t be able to make it. I have to be at the airport at 6.
3. No, thanks. I don’t like black pudding very much, I’m afraid.
4. It was nice talking to you, but I have to get to my next meeting.
5. Hello. It’s very nice to see you. Welcome to Prague. Have you been here
6. Jack, I’d like to introduce you to Ivan – Jack Smith, Ivan Brodsky.
7. I’ll get this – it’s on me.
8. I’d like to propose a toast. Here’s to the success of our joint venture!
9. I’m very sorry to hear that.
10. I’m so sorry I’m late. The traffic’s awful!
Skills – pg. 71
Let’s play the game on page 132 and 133!