The University of Strathclyde
Located in the centre of Glasgow, the largest city and industrial capital of Scotland, the
institution traces its origins back to 1796 as ANDERSON’S INSTITUTE
For the first 150 years the institution developed as a degree awarding Technological
College under several names and in 1964 the institution was granted a Royal Charter.
5 faculties – Arts & Social Sciences, Education, Engineering, Science and Business
The University of Strathclyde Business School
What is the role of the USBS within the University?
• Post graduate, post-experience management education & training
• Applied management research & consultancy
What are the aims of the USBS?
• confidence to offer global & local employers, graduates who can
‘hit the ground running’ and immediately add value as change agents
Evolution of the Strathclyde MBA
1966 First 1 year Full-Time MBA degree in the UK
1976 First Part-Time MBA programme in the UK
1983 First Distance Learning MBA in the UK
1988 International MBA launched in - Hong Kong/Malaysia/Singapore
1990 Euro-MBA launched
1991 New International Centre - Poland
1993 New International Centre - Turkey
1995 First 60 Credit MBA Programme in the UK
New International Centers - The Gulf States
1996 Mixed Mode MBA launched
New International Centers - Greece/India/Switzerland
2000 Launch of the first municipally approved UK MBA in Shanghai
2003 International MBA launched in Oman
2007 First in the UK to be awarded an official accreditation to operate in the UAE. One of only two
universities in Europe to achieve the UAE accreditation.
• Full-time – 12 months (UK)
• Part-time– 24 months (UK)
• Open/ Flexible learning – 24 months (International Centers)
SEVERAL ROUTES BUT ONLY ONE MBA DEGREE
• Same high standard entry criteria
• Same teaching materials and lecturers
• Same rigorous assessment criteria
• Elective UK summer school open to all
• Completion of studies cross routes/centres
The Strathclyde MBA Model
• The Reflective
• Making the Business
• Strategic Management
for Sustainable Success
• Personal Development
• Specially published Open Learning Packs by the Business School
• All essential text books provided
• Local Counselling contact
• UK Academic contact
• 2½ days live case study workshop
• 6 days of skill building workshops
• Selected range of face-to-face taught electives at centres in addition to existing
• Access to Strathclyde’s Info Trac library
Reputation in the Media
2009 FT 1st in Scotland
FT 3rd best in the World for “Corporate Strategy”
FT 10 in the UK
FT 17th in Europe
FT 41st in the Top 100 Global MBAs
2008 FT 1st - Value for Money; FT 7th in UK; FT 13th in Europe; FT 30th in the Top 100 Global MBAs
2007 Economist Intelligent Unit Top 20 UK Business School
2006 FT 32nd European Business Schools
2005 FT Top 40 European Business Schools; FT Top 50 Executive MBAs Worldwide
2004 Top 100 Which MBA? Economist Intelligent Unit
2003 FT Top 100 MBA Worldwide
2002 FT Top 100 MBA Worldwide
2001 Top 50 Executive MBA Worldwide and Top 10 in the UK by FT
2000 Times - Strathclyde in the top 10 selection of British schools
1999 Guardian - Strathclyde - top selection of European schools
1998 World Exec. Digest/CEA - ‘top 20 European Business School’; The Times - 8th best university
1997 World Exec. Digest/CEA - ‘top 20 European Business School’; HR magazine - one of UK ‘blue
1996 Time Magazine’s ‘10 Best European MBA providers’ - ranked 10th
1995 Business Age magazine - ‘top 10 MBA in UK’UK’
Proven Academic Excellence
• AMBA accreditation for all routes
• Top rating for teaching quality.
• 2008 Research Assessment Exercise
- Top in Scotland
- Leader for quot;world leading and internationally excellentquot; research
- Top 10 in UK
(placing Strathclyde in a band with Lancaster, Warwick, Manchester & Oxford, all of whom are regularly cited as being among the best in class)
• Only Scottish school, and one of only 12 UK Business Schools with this combination
• One of only 20 UK schools to have EQUIS accreditation
• One of only 12 UK schools to have AACSB accreditation
Less than 1% of the Business Schools in the world are internationally recognised
The University/Business School: Yes
• a ‘Royal Charter’ University?
• a ‘Leader’ in Research Rating?
• an ‘Excellent’ Teaching Quality Rating?
• a range of academics of international reputation who also teach?
• AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB Accredited?
• taught face-to-face by the same academics who teach at home?
• an integrated & intellectually rigorous but practical programme?
• ‘strategic orientation’ with unique material?
• the same entry criteria/assessment as the full-time programme
• the same quality/content & degree as the full-time programme?
• flexibility - able to tailor the programme to your schedule?
Contact CDC Management Development
To find out more about the Strathclyde MBA in Malaysia:
Ms. Cynthia Raj/ Ms.Cristina Magat/ Mr.Pravin
Unit 501, Block F,Phileo Damansara 1,
No.9, Jalan 16/11, 46350 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.
Tel : +603 76608950 (ext: 111/109/110)
Email : email@example.com
Web : www.cdc.edu.my