Indian Education System
The various articles in Indian Constitution provide for education as a
Education in India is provided by the public sector as well as private
sector, with control and funding coming from three levels: central ,state
Education in India falls under the control of both the union government
and the state government.
Takshasila was the earliest recorded center of higher learning in India.
India has made progress in terms of increasing primary education and
expanding literacy to approx. 3 quarters of population.
In Indian education system, significant number of seats are reserved for
scheduled caste and other backward classes.
The Malinda university was the oldest university system of education in
Indian education stat
• National education budget-99057 crore(2005-2012) or
US $15 billion.
• Established compulsory education-1 April 2010
• Primary language-Hindi ,English or state lang.
• Literacy-74% total out of which 82% are men and 65%
are women. Kerala has highest literacy rates.
• The private education market in India – US $40 billion
in 2008 and US $70 billion in 2012
• As per annual status education report(ASER)
2012, 96.5% of all rural children between ages 6-14
were enrolled in schools. But still India needs to focus
Number of students and Universities in
• As per the latest 2013 report issued by All India
Council Of Technical Education(AICTE),there are
more than 3524 diploma offering institutions
with intake capacity of 1.2 million.
• AICTE also reported 3495 degree –granting
engineering colleges with student intake capacity
of 1.76 million with actual enrollment crossing
• According to UGC,total enrollment in
science,medical,agriculture and engineering
crossed 6.5 million in 2010.
• Is generally defined as any form of learning
that utilizes a network for
delivery, interaction, or facilitation .
• E-education means studying by using the
technological methods like computers
• E-education is meant for providing practical
knowledge to the students.
INDIAN EDUCATION METHODS
• In India, the primary education is comprising 10 years of a child
that is upto 10th class.
• Then the secondary education upto +2th class. Or students can go
for diplomas in colleges or foreign also.
• Then graduation degrees like B.A., B.Sc,BBA,B.COM,BCA,B.Tech etc
,takes 3 to 4 years of a student.
• Now Indian government has made post graduation or master
degree compulsory for the good job.
During this time period a students invest his 25 years of life and all the
saving of his parents but still with a status of unemployed person.This
is happening with almost 60% of the students which ,after doing
studies,still dependent on their parents even for a hanky or pen. It is
very shameful for our country.
• E-education ways are preparing students to compete in today’s
competition world and win in the technological advancement race.
• E-education saves the time of a student.
• The students coming from different villages , having colleges far
from their home,can even study during the travelling time or even
they need not to come to colleges.
• Indian Government is establishing EDU-SET rooms in primary
schools to teach juniors about computer and develop their creative
• E-education is also saving the money of a student. A student can do
self-study through internet at his home without investing on private
• The main benefit of using technology in studies is that a student
compares his knowledge at world-wide level ,not limited to his area
LACK IN INDIAN EDUCATION SYSTEM
• The main reason of Indian education system to be weak is the lack
of awareness about literacy.
• After pursuing a lot of courses and professional degrees ,a student
is still unemployed.
• Students are doing cramming and teachers not aware them about
• Students,with help of parents,bribe teachers or higher authorities
to make them pass ,increasing corruption and making a good
student rank down.
• The environment of the colleges ,relation of student and teacher is
also effecting the economy of our country.
• The shooting of films in the colleges is distracting students from
• Students attending lectures only for the attendance. Only 40%
students are serious about their careers.
HOW TO MAKE EDU SYSTEM PERFECT
• The main goal of the education system should be changed because our
eduaction system is creating employees not employers.
• Students should be teached about their future goals.
• Students must not be forced to assignments burden ,instead practicals
must be prefered.
• Their must be proper tuning of a student and a teacher.
• The fee structure of the colleges or schools should be genuine.So that
each one can afford the primary education.
• Parents should not support the children in their wrong activities.
• The college authorities should take care of all the facilities provided to the
• Teachers should teach the students as a passion ,not as a profession.they
should focus on the students development ,not only salary.They must run
their private institutions but upto a certain limit.