The rural municipality of Rudbārži<br />Status - an unit of the Skrundas self-governing territory<br />Centre-Rudbārži village<br />Area– 110 km2<br />Population (in 2009)-1099<br />Density of population-10 people per km2<br />
Administration office of Rudbārži municipality<br />The inhabitants of municipality can ask for help and do payments (for municipal services, property taxes, etc.)there. <br />Municipality administration includes an administrator of municipality and a secretary.<br />At office house some representatives of institutions of Skrunda local government work:<br /><ul><li>a social worker,
For the first time Rudbārži was mentioned in historical documents in the 16th century, when this estate was rented to von Gross family.<br />In the 17th century this estate belongs to the Chancellor of the Duchy of Courland – Keyserlings’ family.<br />In the 18th century it was a property of Catherine Bismark, the Beningas Biron’s sister, which she gave to her nephew Peter von Biron. <br />In 1778, von Fircks family bought Rudbārži (Rudbahrenin German) and ruled here until 1920.<br />The current Rudbārži rural municipality area was formed after the World War II, when the former Sieksāte parish was added. <br />Parkfacadeofthe Rudbārži manorhouse<br />ManorhouseoftheKalnamuiža (Berghof) at Sieksāte<br />
Park at Rudbārži<br />The estate park was formed at the latest in the 90s of the 19th century.<br />Now state protected parkland is 9.6 hectares, about 1/3 of them belongs to school.<br />There are local and many introduced species of trees, e.g. beeches, Siberian white firs, European larches, Weymouth pines,Pennsylvanian ash-trees, Douglas firs, walnuts, northern red oaks, and some secular tress, e.g. pine (girth 3,3 m).<br /> There was barons’ graveyard in the Rudbārži park, which was destroyed in period of Soviet Union in the 50s or 60s.<br />
Rudbāržu manor house<br /><ul><li>The manor house was built in 1835 by Baltic barons von Fircks dynasty’s at Rudbārži second generation.
In 1882 the house was heavily reconstructed and enlarged by unknown architect, who liked architecture style derived from 16th century palaces of France.
In the 15th of December of 1905 the building was fully burnt down by some extreme Latvian revolutionists. The fire destroyed the house, baron’s library and other artistic values. Two or three years later the barons renovated house in classical architecture style with rather modest interior.</li></ul>Themanorhouse at the turn <br />of the 20th century<br />
In February of 1919 Rudbārži manor house was an important stronghold for struggles for Latvia's freedom. There were positioned the first armed unit of Latvia, 1st Latvian Independent Battalion, under command of Oskars Kalpaks.<br />The memorial plaque it in 1934 was fixed on the terrace wall. At soviet time plaque was dismounted. During the school renovation, on the 8th of June 1951, Fricis Ernstons and Karlis Juberts, secretly walled this plaque in aperture of door. Rudolph Rutkis knew about this event, and after 40 years, on the 11th of February in 1989, the memorial plaque was hammered out and renovated. <br />On the 3rd of March 1989, when school celebrated 70 years anniversary day of Kalpaks struggles, this plaque was put back on the terrace wall. School got back Oskars Kalpaks name, but school’s hall was named Heroes Hall.<br />Oskars Kalpaks and<br />hismenat Rudbārži manorhousein 1919 <br />The memorial plaque<br />
Housebuiltbyrich Cinis familyinthelate 30s <br />Asrecreation centre for soldiersoftheLatvianarmy<br /><ul><li>In 1920 the Rudbārži estate of barons von Fircks was expropriated by state and later rented to two brothers agronomists – Cinis family.
In the late 30s of the 20th century manor house was adapted for a recreation centre for soldiers of the Latvian army. </li></ul>During the World War II there was a hospital for German soldiers. During the War one of corners of the manor house and outhouses were destroyed. <br />
After the World War II, there were school for forestry, but later - since the middle of the 50s til nowadays - the Rudbārži school.<br />Winterat Rudbārži villageinJanuaryof 2011<br />.<br />Apartmenthouses<br />Oneoftwo “shopingcentres” ofvillage<br />
Rudbārži church<br />Thelegendtoldthatthe baron vonFirckshad got inheritancefromhisveryrichrelativeonlyincaseifhewillbuild a churchat Rudbārži. Hekepthispromise. It isLutheranchurch, oneofthesmallestchurchesinLatvia. It wasbuiltin 1906 ofredbrickswith a littlewoodtowerabovetheridge.<br />UntiltheWorldWar I, thischurchwasGermanchurch, aftertheWar-affiliateofValtaikichurch.Therewerebuiltcloakroomforpastor, altarwithaltarpiecebyShenberg, whichwasconsecratedin 1931. Theirownparishwasestablishedin 1934. In 1936 thechimesandtowerwereconsecrated. In 1945 bell-towerandpostar’scloakroomweredestroyed.<br />
Rudbārži ambulance<br />Inhabitantscomehereformedicalhelp:<br /><ul><li>To visit a doctor.
To getsomemedicine, to takeinjections, etc.</li></ul>About 20 peopleusemedicalservice a daythere.<br />
Rudbārži library<br />Thelibrarywasopenedat Rudbārži in 1947, butinthisapartmenthouse it isfrom 2006.<br />Thelibraryisthecentreofculture, informationandeducation .<br />InhabitantsofRudbarzicanreadthelatestnewspapersandmagazines, lendthefictionbooks, use Internet.<br />About 35 peopleofdifferentagecome to thelibrary a day.<br />
The Children and youth centre of Rudbarži<br />The children and youth centre there is from 2006. Children and teenagers come to the centre after school, because they spend their leisure time here very exciting. They play different games, use computers, watch films and cartoons on DVD. They come to the centre to do hometasks, because here is special room, which they named “silent room”. <br /> The number of people who attend the centre is very changeable,e.g., in summer it is about 15-20 people a day, but during school year it is about 30-40 people a day.<br />