• I majored in Computer Engineering
• I am actively looking for a job as a software developer
• I made a few applications but only a few got back
• I have done mock as well as real interviews and failed
• I know my subject well but I seem to lose it in interviews
• The knowledge gained in school does not prepare you
• I am using internet resources and social media as I look
for a job
• I had my resume prepared with the help of the career
• The school should conduct mock interviews with real
companies to help students overcome their fear
• I know I am better than other students who have a job
• I need to start paying of my student loans
• I have to get help on interviews. Who can help me?
• I should talk to my friends and see if they offer any tips.
• Maybe I can talk to Prof. XYZ and see if he can recommend
• Why is this person bothering me with all these questions?
• Are we there yet?
• This interview deserves a year’s supply of coffee, not just
• This job hunt has been a frustrating process
• Will I ever get a job?
• No one wants to hire me. Am I really that bad?
• How come Susan has a job and I don’t. I helped in all her
assignments. This is so unfair.
• Maybe I should move to China and try my luck there. I heard the
job market is good there.
• If this person does not stop asking questions, I am going to kill
• I should ask him to give me a job for providing my time for this
• The person looked stressed when talking about her
job hunting experience
• The lack of confidence was evident even while
communicating with a person asking normal
question rather than an interview
• The person was clearly distracted during the
interview and looked like she wanted to walk away
no matter how comfortable I tried to make her
• Observed a feeling of relief when I said I was done
Arghhh….I need a job right now. How long is this
process going to take? Will this job hunt ever end?
Hang in there. You can’t
give up so easily.
I think they need to include behavioral
aspects in the curriculum for technical
A highly qualified, recently graduated computer engineer feels that education curriculum
should include behavioral aspects to help students overcome their fear of interviews.
Companies these days tend to look at the overall personality of individuals during
interviews. Also, lack of confidence makes even a competent candidate look incompetent
Thank you Jane Doe for sharing your thoughts