What is Green Marketing ?
• Green marketing refers to the process
of producing and selling products based on
the environmental benefits and they are eco-
friendly in nature.
• Green marketing is also known as
Environmental Marketing and Ecological
Features of Green Marketing :-
• Green marketing helps to produce eco-
• Green products focuses on wastage
minimization and proper resource planning.
• Green marketing helps in sustainabilty of
• Green marketing is also contributing for
reduction of various green house gases in
Green Products :-
Products which are recyclable, reusable and
biodegradable in nature.
Products with natural ingredients.
Products containing recycled contents, non toxic
Products contents under approved chemical.
Products that do not harm or pollute the
Products that will not be tested on animals
Why Green Marketing ?
• Satisfy human needs
• Opportunity for growth
• Social Responsibility
• Governmental Pressure
• Competitive Pressure
• Cost Reduction
Green Marketing Mix:-
• Product: A producer should offer ecological products which
not harm the environment but should protect it.
• Price: Prices for such products are little higher as
compared to other products.
• Place: A distribution logistics is of crucial importance; main
focus is on ecological packaging. Green products should be
marketed to local as well as national markets.
• Promotion: A communication with the market should put
stress on environmental aspects and promotion of the
products should also be done in a greener way.
• Lead Free Paints from Kansai Nerolac:- Kansai Nerolac has
worked on removing hazardous heavy metals from their
• Wipro's Green Machines:-Wipro InfoTech was India's first
company to launch environment friendly computer
peripherals. Wipro has launched a new range of desktops
and laptops called Wipro Greenware. thus reducing e-
waste in the environment.
• TATA GROUP OF COMPANIES: Tata Motors ltd. has
developed their showroom by using green items and
elements in its design. It shows eco-friendly atmosphere that
attracts people towards itself.
• IDEA - “Use mobile , Save Paper”
IDEA Cellular is on a mission to paint the city green and also
to spread awareness about the green initiative “Use Mobile,
Save Paper!” IDEA has transformed Mumbai bus shelters into
Green covers, with potted plants, and tendril climbers to
convey the green message
Marketing is a very wider term and a vast
concept to understand. Green marketing is a
part of the marketing which is very important
from the social , economical and ethical point
of view as it has motive of spreading
awareness among people about
environmental issues. This is helping to
maintain the environment clean and green by
producing eco-friendly products.