Apache Stratos is a PaaS built on top of Equinox and OSGi. Stratos runs all kinds of workloads including Java, OSGi, Tomcat apps, PHP, Node.js, MySQL, Mongo, Cassandra and others.
This session is an introduction to Stratos which will cover:
- How to get started
- Deploying on Amazon AWS and OpenStack Clouds
- Workloads Stratos supports
- Why and how Equinox is used
- Multi-tenancy and security
- Elastic scaling
- How Stratos compares to other PaaS systems
The session will include live demontrations of Stratos.
The session is aimed at those interested in PaaS models, as well as those with a strong interest in OSGi runtimes and Equinox.