• Ramiro Gómez email@example.com
• Oliver Grimm firstname.lastname@example.org
• Software Developers at lieblinx GmbH in
Berlin, Germany www.lieblinx.net
What will be covered?
• Media Upload
• Media Integration
• Media Storage
• How to manage media (open discussion)
Drupal Core Media
• Upload module for various ﬁle types as node
• Basic image processing toolkit for resizing,
cropping, rotating and ?
• How to integrate non textual media?
Contrib Media Modules
• Asset Manager - The Solution to all your
• OpenPackage Video
• Imageﬁeld, Imagecache,....
• FlashVideo, SWF Tools
• Today 11 am - the surprise
• Asset Manger - a management solution that
currently supports images
• Upload and content integration
• Other media like video, audio, etc. will
supported in future versions
• Images as nodes
• Pros: taxonomy, commenting, etc.
• Unless you are ﬂickr you want to integrate
images in your content
• Video upload, download, and display
• pros and cons - see image module
More Media Modules
• Too many to list them all
• To name a few: imageﬁeld and imagecache
• pros: „usability“, extensible, content
• cons: lots of JS, slow, complex, safari not
• All one one server: bad performance with lots
of media and trafﬁc
• www.bloomstreet.net : ssh, ﬁlestore,
• www.resistance-archive.org: Server mounted
as Samba share
• Media Mover module: Amazon S3, etc
• How to manage media?
• What are your approaches?