1.I need / I don’t need some help.2.There are no letters / any letters for you.3.What’s the problem? Any / Anything / Nothing4.Where shell I sit? Anywhere / Everywhere5.She’s got beautiful eyes / some beautiful eyes.6.She didn’t eat much / many breakfast.7.Were there much / many people at the party.8.James always has much / lots of money. 9.I driving too / too much fast.10.Are those shoes big enough? / enough big?
1. the The silver in this mine is of poor quality. 2. 2 the A strange dog followed me home. The silly dog wouldn’t leave me.3. theI went to the bookstore and bought five books onchemistry. 4. the The water in this well is very clear.
5. the The earth, the moon, the sky, the sun6. the The Smiths are planning to go to the States. 7. the language He is studying the French language. 8. the The rich get richer. The poor get poorer. ( )
9. the in the morning , in the afternoon10. thethe first, the second, the fifteenth11. a, an, the the The Peter Brown who works in my office has been promoted.
Demonstrative adjectives this, that, these, this those that these those
Possessive adjectives my, your, his, her, our, their, its
Examples (Singular) (Plural)I really like my new We havetypewriter. finished outwork.You have to finish your You all have to performhomework. your duty well.Peter has finished his The students have donedinner. their homework.Susan is cleaning herroom.The cat is cleaning itsbody.
Quantifiers some, any, much, many, afew, few, several, all, a lot of, lots of, etc.
1.some, anyExamples- Some parts of the country aremountainous.-We need to put some salt in the soup.-John has some friends in Bangkok.
Examples someExamples A: Would you care for some coffee? ( ) B: Yes, please.
2.muchExamples That book costs too much money. How much time do we have left? Jack does not have much money.
3. many ExamplesMany workers are not happy with theirwages.Do you have many friends ?
4. a few ExamplesNext week I will be away for a few days.We are going away for a few day.
5. fewExamplesFew people live to be over a hundred.( 100 )I’m sad and lonely. I have few friends.
6. several a few ExamplesThere are several good shows on TV tonight.
7. all ExamplesAll questions must be answered.The children ate all the food.
8. a lot of, lots of Examples A lot of people came to the party. Lots of people came to the party. Ann has got a lot of money. Ann has got lots of money.