Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.
pingdom.com                 The top 100 web hosting                 countries in 2013.Friday, March 15, 13
pingdom.com                 You can read the full article at                 http://royal.pingdom.com/2013/03/14/web-hosti...
pingdom.com           If the top 1 million sites would be           evenly distributed, each country           in the worl...
pingdom.com                 The world’s top one million                 sites are hosted in 191                 different ...
pingdom.com     The top 20 countries host 80% of     the top million sites.     That leaves just 20% to the other     171 ...
pingdom.com                       Web hosting countries    United States                                                  ...
pingdom.com     The US is in a big lead as you can     see.     Actually, the US hosts almost as     many sites as Asia an...
Number of websites hosted: pingdom.com           Asia, Europe and the US     500,000                                      ...
So the United States may have a             crushing lead in number of             hosted sites.             But remember ...
pingdom.com                  Source for top one million:                   http://www.alexa.com/topsites                  ...
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in …5
×

Top 100 web hosting countries

645 views

Published on

The top 1 million web sites in the world were hosted in almost 8,000 different cites. If these top sites were evenly distributed across the world, there would be about 5,900 sites hosted in each nation, but is that really the case?

Following up our own 2012 study, we present this year’s survey of the top 100 web hosting countries.

http://royal.pingdom.com/2013/03/14/web-hosting-countries-2013/

  • I love these statistics. They give the world a much better idea on what is going on in the web hosting industry. Thanks for publishing this useful information. Go weloveourhost.com for more information on this industry.
       Reply 
    Are you sure you want to  Yes  No
    Your message goes here
  • Be the first to like this

Top 100 web hosting countries

  1. 1. pingdom.com The top 100 web hosting countries in 2013.Friday, March 15, 13
  2. 2. pingdom.com You can read the full article at http://royal.pingdom.com/2013/03/14/web-hosting-countries-2013/ Here are the highlights.Friday, March 15, 13
  3. 3. pingdom.com If the top 1 million sites would be evenly distributed, each country in the world would host about 5,900 web sites. But is that really the case?Friday, March 15, 13
  4. 4. pingdom.com The world’s top one million sites are hosted in 191 different countries.Friday, March 15, 13
  5. 5. pingdom.com The top 20 countries host 80% of the top million sites. That leaves just 20% to the other 171 countries.Friday, March 15, 13
  6. 6. pingdom.com Web hosting countries United States 421,228 Germany 70,587 China 35,908 United Kingdom 35,500 Russia 35,254 France 34,498 Japan 29,898 Number of sites Netherlands 25,632 (out of the Alexa Canada 18,116 top 1 million) Poland 12,109 hosted in each Spain 12,062 country Brazil 10,807 Italy 9,674 Turkey 8,498 Ukraine 8,401 Czech Republic 7,319 Australia 7,299 India 7,254 Singapore 5,479 Sweden 5,201 0 125,000 250,000 375,000 500,000Friday, March 15, 13
  7. 7. pingdom.com The US is in a big lead as you can see. Actually, the US hosts almost as many sites as Asia and Europe together.Friday, March 15, 13
  8. 8. Number of websites hosted: pingdom.com Asia, Europe and the US 500,000 Number of sites (out of the Alexa 421,228 top 1 million) hosted in each region. 375,000 42.1% 314,317 31.4% 250,000 149,884 114,571 125,000 15.0% 11.5% 0 United States Europe Asia OtherFriday, March 15, 13
  9. 9. So the United States may have a crushing lead in number of hosted sites. But remember that 191 countries, that is more than 90% of the world’s nations, host at least one site out of the top million.Friday, March 15, 13
  10. 10. pingdom.com Source for top one million: http://www.alexa.com/topsites (Data collected 2013-02-27)Friday, March 15, 13

×