Featuring Nick Mueller of Piqora and Ritika Puri of Storyhackers.
With more than 200M members and an engagement rate that’s 25% higher than any other social platform, the Instagram community brings a wealth of opportunity to fashion marketers and community managers.
We're hosting this webinar to empower fashion marketers with a blueprint for navigating these challenges — to help fashion-forward brands become influencers among communities of trendsetters, shoppers, and influential fashion bloggers.With more than 200M members and an engagement rate that’s 25% higher than any other social platform, the Instagram community brings a wealth of opportunity to fashion marketers and community managers.
Attend this webinar to learn how to:
• Create a vibrant Instagram community
• Establish and measure Instagram-specific goals
• Implement a successful hashtag strategy
• Launch a high-impact promotion
• Identify and replicate qualities of the most successful fashion brands
Hi! Here’s Us!
Ritika is the CEO and co-founder of
Storyhackers, a San Francisco based content
She did extensive research and interviews for
the Fashion Marketer’s Guide To Instagram.
She's inspired by the intersection between
technology, entrepreneurship, and sociology.
Connect with Ritika on Twitter at @ritika_puri
Nick is Head of Content Marketing at Piqora.
Before joining Piqora he led content teams at
Gawker Media & DARPA.
Nick has also been an apparel marketer,
leading marketing & ecommerce at
Oaklandish, a B Corp. that invests proceeds
from apparel sales into non-profits in the East
Connect with Nick on Twitter at @nickmueller
Please ask questions in the question box or
tweet @Piqora on Twitter
A survey will be sent following the
webinar, please let us know how we did!
Here’s Why Instagram Marketing Is Important
Instagram has transformed the way that fashion brands
inspire their audiences.
It’s the one social network that connects aesthetics with
creativity and social engagement — the heart
and soul of the fashion community
Brands Winning Instagram:
• Vogue (1.7M followers)
• Victoria’s Secret (4.4M followers)
• Michael Kors (2.1M followers)
• Billabong (305K followers)
• Aeropostale (1M followers)
1. Creating a vibrant Instagram community
What’s Being Covered Today:
2. Establishing and measuring Instagram-specific goals
3. Implementing a successful hashtag strategy
4. Launching a high-impact promotion
5. Identifying and replicate qualities of the most
successful fashion brands
Building a Community:
What Drives Success On
• Instagram is a platform for building emotional
bonds — an opportunity for brands to show
their personalities, values, passions, and
• The first step to success on Instagram is visual
• For inspiration, take a look a RipCurl, they get
tens of thousands of likes per photo.
• Each post is designed with a story in mind.
Establishing Goals: New Follower Growth
Look for systematic growth over time, in addition to
daily spikes — the result of specific campaigns or highly
Establishing Goals: Likes
insight into your
responding to your
Establishing Goals: Hashtags & Brand Mentions?
Monitor how Instagram
users are tagging your
brand in ongoing,
related to your brand.
These may be official
conversation hubs that
are tangentially related.
Establishing Goals: Comments & Conversations
Comment counts reflect
your brand’s ability to
inspire your audience.
Unlike Twitter, Instagram
Ideas To Test: Media Types
Experiment with different
forms of multimedia (video
and images) to see what your
that there is no one-size-fits-all
approach to success.
Ideas To Test: Different Filters
Lauren Conrad has developed
her own custom Instagram filter.
Ideas To Test: Tag A Location
Inspire your audience’s imaginations by tagging your images and products all
over the world. If a beautiful image was taken somewhere, let your audience’s
Hashtags are a
critical part of a
strategy, but here’s
the problem —
struggling to use
them in a high-
impact way (73%,
according to a
The Instagram Hashtag Report (piqora.com/resources)
Encouraging Hashtag AdoptionEncouraging Hashtag Adoption
— in a way that is
connected with your
Instagram Photo Contests
Promotions are powerful for
inspiring brand awareness and
A structured, user optimized
workflow can help generate a
boost in fans and likes — whatever
outcome is most important for your
brand to achieve.
Clear Goals & Objectives
How To Choose The Right Contest:
1. Sweepstakes are great for generating a lot of photos, likes, and followers
2. Judged contests yield fewer but higher quality UGC content, which could be integrated into your social or
3. Judged contests have a higher barrier to entry, but attract more brand advocates who you may want to
build relationships with.
Simple Rules (And Creative That Explains Them)
MyHabit did a great job
coming up with a creative
theme for their
contest, making it fun, on-
brand, and reasonably
easy to enter.
They selected an
gave away a valuable and
desirable prize, and
added inspiring photos to
the contest creative.
Contest Landing Pages That Maximize Participation
Host your contest on a central hub that
you can work with bloggers and
influencers to promote — and drive paid
Making Instagram Contests Easier (For You)
Look for an Instagram Contest Platform That Can:
1. Automatically filter eligible participants
2. Sort by most followed (most influential)
3. Export to .CSV or .XLS
1. If your audience is millennials, they’re on Instagram.
2. Instagram is a visual moment sharing network, so
brands have to really act like humans when it comes to
3. Be always experimenting with your content Strategy,
track likes to see what resonates.
4. Hastags are the key to discovery & being found!
5. Photo contests accelerate community growth
Please reach out!
Time for questions!