Welcome to Simply First Aid – your route to exceptional staff,
• a portfolio of first aid and casualty care Simply First Aid is committed to delivering
courses the highest standard of training.
• meeting HSE and NGB standards
• delivered in a dynamic & interactive way Simply First Aid works closely with a range
• student centred & forward thinking of partners to ensure that the best possible
solution is found.
• balancing the needs of you, the employer,
and your employees.
Join us at our website where you can find
out more about who we are and what we do.
Our information folder can be tailored to
meet the needs of your industry,
environment or family. We can update the
folder as you request further information.
Simply First Aid’s product range
At Home At Work At Play
• First Aid at Work
• Emergency Life Support for • Casualty Care in the Outdoors
Children & Babies • First Aid at Work • Sports First Aid
• First Aid for Children & Babies • Emergency Life Support
• Emergency First Aid at Work
• Family First Aid • First Aid for Children & Babies
• Annual Refresher
• Paediatric First Aid • Pool Lifesaving
• Emergency Treatment of • Open Water Life Saving
Anaphylactic Reactions • AED
• AED Refresher
• Airway Management & Oxygen
• Emergency Treatment of
• Paediatric First Aid – OFSTED
• First Aid for Schools
first aid at home
Course codes: pels, pefa, ffa, pfa & etar
emergency life support code: pels
• Delivered over 2 hours, this course will teach you how to: plan for emergencies; manage an
unconscious child; resuscitate a child that has stopped breathing; manage a child that is choking; and
control severe bleeding.
first aid for children and babies code: pefa
• Delivered over 3 hours, this course builds on the emergency life support course syllabus discussing
how to recognise and manage a seriously ill child, specifically seizures, heat stroke, head injuries,
meningitis and septicaemia.
family first aid code: ffa
• Delivered over 6 hours, family first aid builds on the first aid for children and babies course covering in
more detail how to recognise and manage wounds, burns, sprains, strains, dislocations and broken
bones. This course is suitable for nannies who voluntarily register with OFSTED.
paediatric first aid code: pfa
• Delivered over 12 hours, this course follows an OFSTED approved syllabus suitable for anyone
responsible for children in the absence of their parents.
emergency treatment of anaphylactic reactions code: etar
• Delivered over 2 hours, this course helps you to understand Anaphylaxis and teaches you how to use
an Epipen to manage anaphylactic reactions.
first aid at work
Course codes: faw, rfaw, efaw & afar
first aid at work code: faw
• Delivered over 3 days, this is the industry standard course for First Aiders in the workplace. We can run
it for you over consecutive days or split over a number of weeks, evenings or weekends to suit your
schedule. At the end of the course there is an external assessment with successful candidates
qualifying for 3 years.
first aid at work - requalification code: rfaw
• Delivered over 2 days this course will allow those holding an in date First aid at Work qualification to
re-qualify for a further 3 years.
emergency first aid at work code: efaw
• Newly introduced in October 2009, this 1 day course provides recognised training for first aiders at
work. As the name implies, it covers the life threatening emergencies that can happen at work, as well
as covering the responsibilities of First Aiders in the workplace.
annual refresher code: afar
• Another new course introduced in October 2009, this 3 hour course will provide practical training to
keep the emergency life saving skills of First Aiders and Emergency First Aiders up to date.
Need help with the new First Aid Needs Assessment?
Call Simply First Aid for advice on the level of cover you require.
In-house options & indicative prices, January 2010
• First Aid at Work Up to 12 people £1350
• First Aid at Work Refresher Up to 12 people £870
• Emergency First Aid at Work Up to 12 people £495
• Annual Refresher Up to 12 people £300
• Paediatric First Aid Up to 16 people £700
• Casualty Care in the Outdoors Up to 8 people £800 Up to 16 people £1400
• Anaphylaxis Awareness Up to 12 people £250 Up to 18 people £300
• CPR Up to 12 people £225 Up to 18 people £275
• AED Up to 6 people £300 Up to 12 people £450
• AED Refresher Up to 6 people £200 Up to 12 people £300
• Emergency First Aid Up to 16 people £300
• Family First Aid Up to 10 people £495
• First Aid for Children and Babies Up to 10 people £300
• Children and Baby Life Support Up to 10 people £200
Please contact us with your specific requirement, so that we can
provide you with a bespoke quote.
open course dates
2010 / 11 course dates & prices
Cornwall London Sussex
First Aid at Work First Aid at Work First Aid at Work
£185 per person £245 per person £185 per person
• 8–10 March 2010 • 10-12 May 2010 • 12, 15, 16 March 2010
• 26-28 April 2010 • 6-8 September 2010 • 8-10 June 2010
• 13-15 July 2010 • 17-19 November 2010 • 15-17 September 2010
• 20-22 October 2010 • 7-9 February 2011 • 6-8 December 2010
• 10-12 January 2011 • 8-10 March 2011
Emergency First Aid at Work Emergency First Aid at Work Emergency First Aid at Work
£60 per person £100 per person £60 per person
• 29 April 2010 • 23 April 2010 • 18 June 2010
• 12 July 2010 • 24 June 2010 • 20 September 2010
• 19 October 2010 • 3 September 2010 • 2 December 2010
• 13 January 2011 • 26 November 2010 • 14 March 2011
• 27 January 2011
• 25 March 2011
the small print
Terms and condition, January 2010
Booking & Payment: Liability & Insurance:
• A booking is not confirmed until Simply First Aid has received a signed booking • Simply First Aid is fully insured and holds membership of the Royal Life Saving
form and a deposit of at least 35% made payable to Piers Osborne Society UK, the STA and the Association of First Aiders
• Until a booking has been received and confirmed by Simply First Aid all bookings • Simply First Aid provides courses which can be potentially dangerous. All
are regarded as provisional. participants must be aware of this and accept risks associated with the chosen
• The balance is due 6 weeks before the course start date, or with prior arrangement
with Simply First Aid. • Simply First Aid has an excellent safety record; however responsibility for injury or
illness arising from any of the activities cannot be accepted.
• Any bookings not confirmed within the 6 weeks before the course start date may be
re-sold without notice, and the initial deposit forfeited. Health & Safety/Conduct:
Cancellations & Refunds: • Due to the nature of some of the activities at Simply First Aid all participants should
be physically fit. Anyone with a medical condition must seek medical advice before
• Should you cancel your booking for any reason up to 6 weeks before the
commencement of the session / course, the initial deposit will be forfeited.
• Participants will not be permitted to consume alcohol or drugs prior to or during the
• Should you cancel your booking up to 4 weeks before the commencement of the
sessions. Our instructors reserve the right to refuse participation to anyone
session / course, Simply First Aid will require 50% of the full cost.
considered to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
• Should you cancel your booking up to 3 weeks before the commencement of the
• Our instructors may require any participant to leave the activity session without
session / course, Simply First Aid will require 75% of the full cost.
compensation if that person acts in such a manner as to endanger him / herself or
• Should you cancel your booking within 3 weeks of the commencement of the any other Simply First Aid course participant / staff member.
session / course, Simply First Aid will require 100% of the full cost.
• Simply First Aid must be informed of any medical condition (asthma, epilepsy, etc.)
• No refunds will be offered which arise from circumstances that are beyond the or any other special needs that may impair the individual’s ability to participate fully
control of Simply First Aid. If a session / course has to be cancelled due to there in any session.
being fewer than the required number of participants for the activity, or due to
Equipment & Clothing:
adverse weather conditions, then Simply First Aid retains the right to offer
alternative activities or to transfer the booking to another date. • For safety reasons, all participants must wear the appropriate equipment provided
by Simply First Aid.
• Any cancellations must be notified in writing or by email to
firstname.lastname@example.org and will be effective from the date of receipt. • Damage to or loss of equipment caused by negligence, malicious acts or
carelessness must be paid for at the time and at the current replacement value.
• Appropriately qualified and experienced instructors run our courses. Instructors to
client ratios are in accordance with National Governing Body and Health & Safety • Complaints concerning Simply First Aid or the courses should be referred to Simply
Executive guidelines. First Aid within 7 days of the session/course. Simply First Aid will adhere to its
complaints procedures and act therefore to do everything possible to rectify the
• Whilst every reasonable attempt will be made to deliver all sessions, Simply First Aid
situation, and the client will receive a written reply from us.
reserves the right to cancel or modify any session due to safety requirements or
factors beyond our control. Conditions of service:
• As part of the continual review of safety and associated considerations, the
conditions of booking are subject to change, clarification and modification at any
time. Only the Business Manager is empowered to vary or waive any of the
conditions of booking.