• A good quality coffee maker which grinds
coffee beans and brews fresh full flavoured
• A milk frother.
• A milk heater/steamer.
•Single espresso 7-8 grams of fresh ground coffee
•Double espresso 14-16 grams of fresh ground coffee
•A warmed 3 fluid ounce cup (approximately 90ml) is recommended.
•For best results, grind fresh beans to a fine sand consistency, or buy coffee
that has been specifically ground for espresso. Coffee ground for use in café’s
or filter machines will be too coarse and allow the water to flow too quickly
through the coffee giving you a thin, tasteless espresso.
•Add 30ml of water for a single espresso and 60ml for a double
• An Americano is a single or double-shot of
espresso combined with between 30 - 470ml
of hot water
• Add a splash of milk if desired.
Cappuccino has three equal parts:
•Espresso is poured into the bottom third of the
•The next third is hot milk
•The last and top third is milk froth
• Lattes (or Caffe Lattes) are espresso drinks
made with a larger amount of foamed milk.
• Caffè Macchiato is Italian for "marked" (with
froth). It is not a latte or a cappuccino.
• Espresso shot or double shot marked with a
touch of frothy milk.
• First of all, add the Mocha:
Some people use high quality
cocoa, some use chocolate
sauce and others use chocolate
etc. What you use and how
much is up to you.
• Then add an espresso
• Then add hot or steamed milk
• Add whipped cream if you wish
• A Frappuccino is a blended
coffee - often served cold.
• Crushed ice and espresso,
in equal measures.
• Add sugar and blend
• Pour into glass and top with
whipped cream and a
drizzle of chocolate syrup, if
• Some people decorate their coffee drinks with
a dusting of cocoa powder etc.
• Stencils can be used…