• Woman’s clothing and accessories boutique in Nassau,
• Women ages 15-30, professional with disposable
• Mission Statement
• “To make shopping a pleasant, yet inexpensive
experience for Bahamian women ages 15-30, while
providing their lives with a sense of confidence and
• “Fabulous is understatement”
Founders Ownership 50%/50%
• Miami, Florida
• 2 years retail experience
• 4+ years in customer service
• Co-founder of Port of Miami Boutique (60% ownership)
• Nassau, Bahamas
• 4 years retail experience
• Degree in International Business
• Co-founder of Port of Miami Boutique (40% ownership)
POM Organization Structure
POM Manager Book Keeper
Manager • Total Fulltime Employees – 2
• Total Part-time Employees – 8
Staff Arrangement for Store Hours
1 Manager and/or Assistant Manager
2 POM Associates
• Latest trends at the best prices
• Dresses, jeans, tops, accessories, swimwear, personal styling services, etc.
• Cater to the Bahamian women ages 15-30
• Located along Bay Street in Nassau, Bahamas (Island of Providence)
• Unique and exclusive selection of merchandise (2 per size– 2S, 2M, 2L)
Challenges and Risks
• Delay in store opening
• Overstocked inventory
• Shortage of inventory
• High importing costs
• Decreased in sales
Year 1 -Overview
• Raise awareness.
• Position ourselves in the market.
• Loyal clientele.
• Engage the community.
• Take advantage of word of mouth, social media PR.
• Reach our goal of $162,235 in sales for the first.
• Acquire a database of clients and prospects of at least
Port of Miami Boutique provides with unique and
fashionable yet, affordable clothing for women in
Our brand personality is:
• Approachable & sophisticated.
Points of Differentiation
• Only store with Miami-style fashion.
• Unique styles currently not found in the island.
• Strong competitive advantage on quality and pricing
• Committed to make a positive impact on our community
through free seminars.
• Weekly online updates
Product Attribute Map
Style + Quality
Low PRICE High
• Value based strategy
• Margins from a 25% to 100%.
• Clothing may have an average of 50% profit margin.
• Jewelry could enjoy up to a 150% margin.
• We will research to obtain merchandise that is fashionable yet affordable
so we can translate these benefits to our clients.
• Industry related trade shows.
• Unique visual displays in storefront on a weekly basis.
• Free 2-hour beauty and fashion seminars held the last Friday of every month at our
boutique with guest speakers.
• PR in the local community featuring our free seminars and testimonials.
• Facebook and Twitter updates featuring new product arrivals among other industry
• Social media contests to periodically feature our Facebook followers as models for
Promotional Mix (cont)
• Direct mail – seasonal postcards
• POM Boutique Web Site.
• Ads on targeted publications such as University magazines.
• Loyalty program featuring discounts for returning clients.
• Merchandise or possible seminar sponsors’ giveaways to loyal
(free sample kits, etc)
Year 2 website maintenance costs:
Ongoing costs starting year 2:
• Domain name and Hosting - $130 yearly with Godaddy.com
• Search Engine Optimization - $1200
• Site Design Changes - $500 per year