NOKIA and FINNAIR
• Nokia is a Finnish company of mobilephones.
Nokia was sold to Microsoft this autumn.
• Finnair is a Finnish airline
Moomies are created by Tove Jansson, a Finland-Swedish author and artist. One of
the most famous character is Muumipeikko (Moomintroll) who lives careless and
happy with his moomie family.
Mainly we finns eat and love salmiakki, typical Finnish candy. Perhaps some
• Rye bread is healthy Finnish delicacy.
Is a popular video game created by a Finnish company called Rovio Mobile.
Santa Claus lives in Lapland in Korvatunturi. It is a mountain in Lapland. The Santa
Claus village is in the city of Rovaniemi. Santa Claus travels by Rudolf the Red Nose
reindeer. Santa and his elves bring presents for children on Christmas Eve.
The City of Järvenpää
The Sign of Järvenpää
Jean Sibelius (1865-1957)
• Sibelius is the most famous Finnish composer
• His most famous compositions are his Seven
Symphonies and the Hymn of Finlandia.
• Ainola was Sibelius’s and his wife’s, Aino’s, home.
• Nowadays Ainola is a home museum.
• Sibelius is buried in his garden.
- Students ´ union has two representatives from
- Representatives are voted in school election.
- In students` union they plan events and about
buying new things.
- At the moment there are 10 pupils in
students´ union. (max 12 pupils)
Our Class 4
• Our class is nice and we are fair to each other.
• The only minus is that we have to study too
We have desks instead of tables. Every pupil has his
or her own desk. In the desk pupils store own
rubbers, pencils, exercise books, notebooks and
reader books. All pupils have free rubbers, pencils,
exercise books, notebooks, reader
books and rulers. Wooden desks are practical.
Our class has 23 pupils. Our teacher is called Paula
Kankaanpää. She is also the head of the school. We
call our teachers by their first names.
THE SCHOOL SUBJECTS
• Finnish, maths, science, English, PE, Music,
art, crafts, RE or ethics.
Crafts technical work
Crafts textile work
Special needs teacher’s class
the number of students is 169
the number of teachers 10
The other staff: two school assistants, an
afternoon club supervisor, a school secretary,
a school nurse(1 day in a week), a school
welfare officer, a school psychologist, a school
caretaker, a school cook and a school cleaner
• We even have a School nurse in our school.
What the pupils can do in a break:
climb in climbing fran
stand and talk
Sit and chat
Play football, pody 1, 2, 3, diabolo, trick ball
Jump twist rope
Skip rope and scoot