Clouds are aesthetically appealing &
add excitement to the
atmosphere, without them, there
would be no
rain, snow, thunder, rainbows or
CLOUD- visible aggregate tiny water
droplets suspended in the air.
Clouds with vertical development:
cumulus (floating cottons)
Low cloud: stratus
(resemble fog but not
reach the ground)
•Orbit equator same rate as
•Remain about 36,00km
above fixed spot on earth
•Monitoring specific region.
•Use “real time” data
• Complement the geostationary
• Scan from north to south.
• Photographing clouds directly
• Provide sharp picture in polar region.
• Circle earth at much lower altitude
• Provide detailed photographic
• senses reflected solar
(sun) radiation that
has a wavelength of
0.52 to 0.75
• Show the sunlight
reflected from cloud’s
• Satellite sensed energy
• Often colorized to bring
• Warm low clouds
radiate more energy
• Cold high clouds (light)
• A cloud is a visible mass of condensed droplets or frozen
crystals floating in the atmosphere above the surface of the
Earth or another planetary body.
• Clouds represent an important factor in the recycling of the
important greenhouse gas water vapour from the planet
surface to the atmosphere and back again to the surface.
• Evaporation of water removes heat from the planet
surface, and represent an important cooling process.
• Clouds also can be divided into four groups which are
high, low, middle & vertical development clouds.