What We Will Cover Today
• Mobile and Responsive Design
• Growing your List: Forms
• Basic Metrics
• Mailing Frequency
• Multiple Lists
• Automation, Autoresponders and
Generating List Growth
• Above the fold.
• Meaningful incentives.
• In the post footer, above the comments.
• Respectful popups.
• Don’t get complacent: Change and Test!
– Call to action text.
– Form location.
– Graphic elements.
• A fixed sequence of one or more emails
– Thank you for …
– Incentive fulfillment
– Email courses
– Sales funnels
– Guided exploration to drive your traffic,
Automation with Triggers
• Automatically add / remove subscribers
based on events:
– When a subscriber joins a list
– When they unsubscribe
– When they finish an autoresponder series
• Use Case: Maintaining a Master List
– Subscribe triggers add to the master
– Unsubscribes remove from the master
• Transactional mailings
– 80%+ open rate
– You can sell, market.
– Promotion can’t overwhelm transaction data.
• Landing pages
– Deliver incentives, promote action.
Parsers – Third Party Integration
• Add subscribers from third party systems
– Shopping carts
– Form plugins
• How they work
– The third party product sends an email to the
– The parser interprets the email
– Rules in the parser add or remove the subscriber
to the relevant list