child in the 21st century is
more challenging than ever.
All parents want to do the best they
can to raise their child healthy.
There are many forces that influence
choices child will make.
Child rely on their parents for
guidance about tough decisions.
1. Become an expert of your child
2. 3 things mostly required is :Love, Boundaries, and Power.
3. New Communication techniques.
4. Allow to fail.
5. Delay, Delay, and Delay.
6. Look in the mirror.
7. Think “basics”.
8. Develop and nurture a support network
of time and outgoing efforts on your
Why its important to understand and what does it
It‟s a process by which child acquire
social, cognitive, and emotional skills to navigate.
The process is based on
age, temperament, environment and more. The
behaviour you see is its product.
socially, cognitivelly, physically, sexually, emotional
guidance when needed. Facilitate child‟s connection and
provide appropriate supervision.
• Give opportunities to make good choices and decisions but
don‟t count on them to always do so.
On Physical Development:• Self Conscious about their physical development. Don‟t
• Teaching about sex and values you want to
pass along, discuss the emotional aspects of
• Emotions are more intense as compared to
• Unconditional love, expressed properly.
• Clear rules and expectations, non
negotiable, teach appropriate behaviour.
• Let them express their voice, their views and
opinions. They want to make their own
decisions. Guide them.
• 1. learn to read body language.
• 2. know child‟s friend and friend‟s parents.
• 3. know all the adults who play an important role like
teachers, coaches, leaders, develop relationship with
• 4. Focus on the relationship with your child.
• 5.Create comfortable moments where communication
can unfold naturally.
• 6. Get familiar with the technologies.
Failure to change.
2. Problem solving without being asked.
3. Being over involved to save your child
from mistakes and pain.
What they can do?
Engage them in conversation, rather then
Identify your non negotiable rules or
expectations and be willing to open
discussion on all.
Listen with respect to what they say not
the words but underlying emotions.
Don‟t hesitate to counsel your child if
giving any punishment as it will
lower down there self confidence.
yourself that Don‟t you have failed in
any life situation.
Delay the start.
Providing the things before time can be
harmful for them.
dependent as you
time to listen to them.
may not have much
• Are you enhancing your relationship with your child ?
• Are you contributing to problems ?
• Are you responsible for creating the environment and
family culture in your home ? as its your primary
• Are you maximizing your influence ?
Step 1: Breath deeply to slow down things, don‟t
sleep on it, if possible.
Step 2: Identify objectivity what has happened.
Step 3: Ask „What is the best outcome we can
Step 4: Ask „How can I help make this happen‟
your child with respect.
with your head and heart.
your child to express their emotions.
comfortable exercising your authority and your
flexibility when appropriate.
help when you need it- getting help from a
professional which is a sign of strength.
others to play a role.
and nurture a support network
make a meeting with parents of your
Organize social gathering.
can have the strongest influence by
starting direct conversations with their child.
confidence to speak directly.
are needed and should be
logical to support future safety.
impose consequences harshly in a way that
devalues your child.
available for them always.
listening without fixing problems goes a
interested in the new ideas and thoughts that
only they can have. They feel valued and proud.
out all the things they do well.
them responsibilities they can accomplish.
them when they need and monitor them to
set their boundaries.