Most supervisors and management under-
communicate. They feel that they have to
hoard some information. But in any kind of
change, you need to communicate as much
as possible to assure people whose fear
multiplies in the brink of changes. They
call it over-communicate.
In dealing with change or problem
recognize the problem or the change
needed, label, and analyze its root
cause and move on to it solving it with
1. Try to communicate with the people as
far as advance as possible about the
2. Include their ideas for change if
3. Describe change in as much details as
4. Offer training to help with the new skills
or to overcome obstacles.
5. Listen to and acknowledge peoples
feelings and concerns.
6. Get people involved in some way to be
accountable for the success of change.
7. Pay particular attention to those who
have a difficult with change.
8. Recognize and reward progress in
9. Facilitate creative problem solving and
10. Encourage the possibilities of change
not just as a problem.