As the move to establish in-house design teams accelerates, it turns out there’s very little common wisdom on what makes for a successful design organization. Books and presentations focus on process, methods, tools, and outcomes, leaving a gap of knowledge when it comes to organizational and operational matters. This workshop seeks to address this lacuna by shining a light on the unsung activities of actually running a design team, and what works and what doesn’t.
- How a service design mindset shifts standard organizational approaches
- Organizational models for design teams, from centralized to decentralized and back again
- Breadth and depth of skills and strategic thinking
- The 5 Stages of Organisational Evolution
- A New Taxonomy of Design Team Roles