Presentation from a three hour session at the MUGUKI MapInfo User Group meeting in London June 25th.
During this session I covered how to setup a spatial database to be used from MapInfo Professional and a number of the benefits of using a spatial database.
We looked at how to:
- prepare a database to be used by MapInfo Professional
- access a spatial database from MapInfo Professional
- upload data to the spatial database using EasyLoader
- open tables from a spatial database from MapInfo Professional
- create views in a spatial database
- implement some triggers in the spatial database
- take advantage of the spatial database from MapBasic