Employee engagement and gamification – talent intelligence asia
Employee Engagement and
Gamification – Fun for Every
Pete Jenkins – August 2017
• Founder – GAMIFICATION+ LTD
• Entrepreneur in Residence at University of Brighton
• Practice Director, Gamification at Intelestream Inc
• Chair – International Gamification Confederation (GamFed)
• Researcher, Gamification in Human Resources, CROME
• Ambassador for Brighton & Hove Chamber of Commerce
Know your millennials
• Born between 1980 - 1995
• 75% of the global workforce by 2025
• Born 1996 - onwards
• 23 million in the US
• Fastest growing generation
Survey by Deloitte in 2014
What motivates millennials?
UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School – Maximizing Millennials in the Workplace
Gamification “The use of game elements and game-design techniques in non-
game contexts.” Werbach and Hunter (2012, p26)
Oxytocin is key to how we bond to others (lovers, friends, parents to babies).
It can give us a strong feeling of contentment.This can even occur remotely, i.e.
via social networks such asTwitter!
• 12 month project
• managed to recruit 97% of employees.
• over 90% of users performed at least 5 activities per month every
• 1200 employees
• 88% women
• Average employees’ age 40 years old,
• Significant number of people older than 50 years old.
• Bad Guys –
• The Sticky Chair
• Power Ups -
• Hug Yourself
• Human Tag