Need to be careful with this BP has very specific processes, reporting.Position as a discipline.
I think this is a key slide. Emphasize that we do not always know where we begin and what services are needed. Again it is about the discipline.
We need to do a little probing here.Can Siemens Sell Smartnet? How can we position them to earn margin?Will our systems and process drive cost out of the model? Can we site examples of managing the complexity of Smartnet?
How might we plug our tools into BP/Siemens Process.Could they make it their own?
Focus as an illustration only remember we have many people engaged as on-site personnel performing some of these functions. Our goal would be to optimize human and system resources.
Black Box Company Highlights
• Serving the entire network life cycle from consulting,
and design through implementation, support and
By the Numbers
• 200 offices and 175,000+ clients around the globe
• 4,200+ team members
• 2,500+ technicians
• 5,000,000+ ports under maintenance
• Servicing over 85% of the Fortune 100
• Public company (NASDAQ: BBOX) since 1994
• $1.1 billion in annual revenue
— 59% Voice Communications Services
— 23% Data Infrastructure Services
— 18% Technology Product Solutions
• Positive cash flow for 33 consecutive years
• Double digit EBITDA
Independent provider of
Technicians cover the
U.S. and Canada
Financially stable and
Black Box Headquarters
True Communications System Integration
» Complete life cycle services.
» Technology-independent portfolio of solutions.
» Global footprint with deep technical resources.
Black Box: Recent Industry Recognition
Positioned in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for
Communications Outsourcing and Professional Services
(COPS) in North America.
Recipient of Cisco’s Customer Satisfaction Excellence
Gold Star for Delivering Outstanding Customer Service to
Clients in the United States.
Recognized by CRN Magazine as a Top 100 IT Integrator
in 2011 VAR 500 for Tenth Year in a Row, ranking 17th.
Named One of InformationWeek’s 500 Most Innovative
Users of Business Technology
Black Box can design and deploy a Cisco solution
to enable your business.
• U.S. - Gold Partner
• Japan – Premier Certified Partner Express Foundation Partner
• UK – Select Certified Partner, Small Business Specialized
• Australia, Canada – Registered Partner
• Advanced Borderless Network Architecture
• Advanced Collaboration Architecture
• Advanced Data Center Architecture
• Master UC Specialization
• Cloud and Managed Services Master
• IronPort Gold Certified
• Cisco Powered Managed Business Communications
• Smart Care Registered Partner
• WebEx Partner
• ATP - Cisco TelePresence Video Master
• ATP - Identity Services Engine
• 6 CCIEs
• 164 CCNP/DP/VP
• 163 CCDA/NAs
• 32 CSEs
• 400+ Exam Certifications
STRATEGIC POINTS OF INTEREST
• Executive and Regional VAR Councils
• Partner Operations Advisory Board
• Service Partner Advisory Board
• US/Canada Technical Leadership Conference
Customer Satisfaction Excellence for 8 Consecutive Periods
Sophisticated Network Monitoring
Innovative Managed Services Including Staff Augmentation
Part of an Elite Group of Cisco Partners
with all 3 = 12
# of Partners with
Video = 20
# of Partners with Master UC = 51
# of Master Managed Services Channel Partners =57
# of Cisco Partners in the US = 8,000
that Deliver Continuous Value
SMARTnet Manager, and iPro
The Exchange Zone
The Black Box Exchange Zone (EZ) allows for high quality
engineering and project management expertise to deploy
successful deliverables throughout the project life cycle.
The process organizes the many inputs and outputs
necessary to successfully deploy new technologies.
In conjunction with best practices from the Project
Management Institute (PMI), the EZ is a culmination of
years of industry experience proven to deliver high quality
projects to our clients.
Exchange Zone Life Cycle Model
Risk & Change
Risk & Change
Risk & Change
Create Test Matrix
Execute Go Live Plan
Inventory & test
Approve Test Plan
Provide Day 1
Execute Test Plan
Risk & Change
plan & project
Validate design &
sign off on design
Create high level
Ship all hardware &
Administrator & End
Rack & stack
hardware at client
Executing/Monitoring & Controlling
Conduct close out
Black Box SMARTnet Services
Why Black Box?
Resources and Personalized Care
Continual Management of your contract
Pro-active Renewal Process
Web Based Tools – iPro & iMan (SMARTnet Manager)
Creative Renewal & Financing Options
SMARTnet Automation Tool
• Assures that the correct SMARTnet is ordered – automated controls
• All SMARTnet ordered is tagged to certain contracts – no run-away contracts and site
• To-The-Day Co-termination of coverage – assures coverage with out the waste of
coverage during non-production. Average amount saved due to the process is 6%
• Tracks Cisco assets, their locations, contract #’s, contract end dates in one view
• Automates and simplifies adds, moves and changes to assets and contract
Customer Experience Automation Tool: iPro
Black Box has developed a .NET web-based tool
to procure, maintain, and track Cisco Asset Inventory and
related maintenance contracts.
A Black Box Network Services Solution
Black Box ConvergenceCare
Build-your-own solution bundle that includes
customized Black Box services
to help you get the most out
of your technology investments.
Black Box ConvergenceCare Platinum
Includes SMARTnet and Remote NOC Support
• Bundled with ―Select Your Own‖ Black Box Services
Bundled Services Can Include:
• Onsite Dispatch of Local Resources
• Network Performance Management
• Real-Time Monitoring with Quarterly Audits
• Valuable Reporting
Service Level Agreements You Can
Time to Acknowledge – Time for an engineer to start working on a reported
Time to Callback – Time for an engineer to complete the initial diagnosis
and contact the customer.
Time to Resolve – Time it takes to resolve the customer issue.
All times in hours.
Cisco Unified Communication Monitoring
Real-time monitoring of Cisco Unified Communications solutions:
Provides real-time alarm event detection for:
- Application monitoring support for:
Unified Communications Manager
- Solution provides server level monitoring for other UC servers:
Provides additional tools for troubleshooting.
Standard reporting via customer web portal.
Remote connectivity required.
For more information contact: