Per Henrik Lausten
Notesnet.dk, august 2014
DanNotes 52nd conference, November 19-
20: submit your abstracts now at
New on OpenNTF: JUnit testing in XPages:
What is Bootstrap?
"Bootstrap is the most popular HTML, CSS, and JS framework for developing
responsive, mobile first projects on the web."
• Originally created by a designer and a developer at Twitter in mid-2010
• Originally released on Friday, August 19, 2011
• Github: > 70K stars (#1) and >26K forks (#3)
• Very popular: > 3.5 million web sites use Bootstrap:
• Getting started: http://getbootstrap.com/getting-started/
What is Bootstrap4XPages?
"This project provides the Twitter Bootstrap rendering technology to XPages.
The goal is to enable this new rendering through a dedicated theme, without
having to change the application pages. "
• Very easy way to use Bootstrap with XPages applications
• OSGi plugin for XPages
• Includes Bootstrap CSS, Bootstrap JS and jQuery (latest version includes Bootstrap
3.2 and jQuery 1.11)
• Bootstrap rendering for all XPages components
• Just change your theme!
• Available on OpenNTF.org
• Also part of OpenNTF Essentials
• Install the plugin on the server using an update
• Install the plugin in Domino Designer using the
same update site
• Pick a random XPages app
• Enable the Bootstrap library in Xsp Properties
• Change your theme:
<theme extends="bootstrapv3.2.0" …
<theme extends="bootstrapv3.2.0_3d" …
• Clean, build and enjoy