Performics UK Leverages Twitter to Drive Engagement and Awareness for Buxton Waters During London Marathon
Performics successfully used Twitter to elevate Buxton’s presence as an official
London Marathon sponsor and Promoted Tweets led to an improved brand
image. Campaign results included:
• 31.6 million impressions and 442,000 engagements in 4 weeks
• #Withyoualltheway was mentioned 2,884 times
• Peak engagement rate of 14.76% was reached for #Runwithalovedone
• Engagement rate on marathon day was 2-3 times higher than the average
• Buxton gained 2,500 additional followers, a 38% growth in one week
Using hashtags #Withyoualltheway and #Runwithalovedone to support Buxton’s
marathon initiatives, Performics launched a paid social strategy on Twitter using
Promoted Trends, Lead Generation Cards and Promoted Tweets to drive
engagement and maximize brand visibility:
• Promoted Trends: Launched on marathon day to create a highly visible
Twitter presence during the marathon. This kept tweeters up-to-date with
the marathon’s key moments and encouraged participants to interact with
the brand’s hashtag initiatives.
• Lead Generation Cards: Used to target runners of the London Marathon who
would be running with a loved one (#Runwithalovedone). The Twitter Cards
promoted direct event registration.
• Promoted Tweets: Leveraged to help Buxton deliver rich content in different
media formats- including video, animated GIFs and images to further support
engagement around the brand’s marathon initiatives.
• Advanced Targeting: Performics used Twitter’s keyword and postcode
targeting to reach people at the race, as well as those closest to the
marathon. This helped Buxton drive in-the-moment engagement with
participants and spectators actively tweeting about the race.
Performics UK Leverages Twitter to Drive
Engagement and Awareness for Buxton
Waters During London Marathon
grew 38% in one week
Buxton Waters, a Nestle brand, looked to maximize awareness and engagement
surrounding their sponsorship for the London Marathon. As the official water
provider for marathon runners, Buxton sought to capture the emotion and
excitement surrounding the event.
Drove 31.6 million