Penguinstep Mooc Campus & Institute of Digital Humanities
MOOC Campus & Institute of Digital Humanities
Revolution Hits the Universities
“Nothing has more potential
to lift more people out of poverty ,
to unlock a billion more brains to solve the world’s biggest problems,
to enable us to reimagine higher education than MOOC, platforms.” - Thomas L. Friedman
숙명여대 역사문화학과 김형률
edX -- How it Works PBSNewsHour Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
MOOC ?/The Great Equalizer
2. Elite education for the masse
3. Education is A Human Right and
Not A Privilege!
1. Letter of mankind
2. Printing Press of Gutenberg
3. MOOC : Democratization of Knowledge
Welcome to the Brave New World of MOOCsThe MOOC Movement learning for all Why Open Education Matters
Components of a MOOC
- 강의당 평균수강생 : 6만명
- 수강생 비율 : 미국 35% 유럽 22% 아시아 20% 아프리카 4%
MOOCs and Open Education Timeline
1. The first MOOC
2. The Year of the MOOC
3. The 2013 TIME 100
4. 5,000 courses within three to five years
Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller
Udacity Founder Sebastian Thrun
edX / Harvard & MIT
1. 미대학학자금대출 $1 trillion
3. 교육공학(Education Technology) 발달
4. 스텐포드, 하바드, MIT "대학교육의 민주화(Democratization of Higher Education)" 선도
5. 주정부 온라인강의 정규학점인정 법제화/from hour-based to competency-based
"We are at a pivotal moment.
Two forces are combining:
extraordinary technological progress with economic need."
Former Princeton president(1972-1988) William Bowen
Major MOOC Players
Udacity(January 2012), Coursera(April 2012), EdX(May 2012)
Revolution Hits the Universities
1. Revolution Hits the Universities/Thomas L. Friedman/1, 26, 2013
2. 6th Davos "Online Education Changing the World"/1, 27, 2013
3. A Summit hosted by MIT and Harvard/3. 3-4, 2013
4. MOOC around the world European MOOC
"I can see a day soon where you’ll create your own college degree
by taking the best online courses from the best professors from around the world
— some computing from Stanford, some entrepreneurship from Wharton, some ethics from Brandeis, some literature from
paying only the nominal fee for the certificates of completion.
It will change teaching, learning and the pathway to employment.
There is a new world unfolding and everyone will have to adapt.” - L. Rafael Reif(M.I.T. president)
Four Barriers of MOOC
- revenue models
- course completion rates
College Credit/MOOC Credit
1. Online Education Bill(SB520) California Senate
2. San Jose Uni. Online Classes for Credit
3. Udacity Proctored Exams
4. 10 US State University Systems (1.25 million) Join Coursera
5. Coursera 50+ courses with Signature Track
“degrees” for “albums” “self-selected credentials employers value” for “playlists” - McKinsey
American Council on Education (ACE)/Five of Coursera courses received approval for “credit equivalency”/ 2.7.2013
Courses cost between $60 and $90.
Proctored exams fee between $30 and $99.
A price tag ranging between $90 and $190,
The courses will be eligible for credit at over 2000 colleges and universities across the US.
SB520Jeb Bush Udacity Partners with SJSU
Scenario of a Pathway to College Credit
American Council on Education (ACE)
Georgia Tech Online Master's Degree in collaboration with AT&T
- Master of Science in Computer Science — a 10-course in three years —
- A per-credit $134 vs. $1,139 for out-of-state students
- 10,000 students in the first three years.
Dean of CS
at Georgia Tech
Founder of Udacity Vice president - Human
Resources of AT&T
Utilization Plan of MOOC in Korea
현실 : 1. MOOC에 대한 무반응
2. 언어장벽과 폐쇄적 인터넷지식문화
3. MOOC 학점취득요건 엄격
해결: 1. MOOC Tutor : Second-Bilingual Instructor
2. MOOC 커뮤니티 환경제공
3. 취득학점을 이용한 취업연계
4. Major MOOC 회사와 한글번역파트너 체결
4. 이상의 과정에서 생산된 모든 교육자료 무료개방 What is Blended Learning?
MOOC Tutor : Second-Bilingual Instructor
- 초기엔 컴퓨터와 비지니스 중점
- 전세계 최상위대학들의 학점취득 지도
- 과정 녹화 무료공개
주한미국대사관 MOOC 강좌 1기
EdX & Coursera 수료증 취득 사례
The eLearning RevolutionCoursera/Statement of
빌 게이츠가 말하는 MOOC's의 의미
2. Institute of Digital Humanities
Knowledge Designer : Curating & Remixing : 도서관과 연구소 진화융합
2. Center for History and New Media/미국
3. Center for Excellence in Adaptive and Blended Learning/San Jose Uni.
4. MOOCResearch Hub/BillGates Foundation
5. Digital Curator Vocational Education Europe/유럽연합
6. OER(Open Educational Resources)
Hewlett Foundation/since 2001 $40 million
“We have to move from knowledgeable—that is just knowing a bunch of stuff—
to being actually knowledge-able;
that's being able to find, sort, analyze, criticize, and ultimately create new information and knowledge.” - Michael Wesch
A Vision of Students
What is Digital Curation?
A Short history of JISC
2.1. MOOC 한글번역
Coursera 러시아, 일본등 10개국 번역파트너 선정
Daphne Koller 러시아 번역파트너회사에서 특강/6. 24. 2013
2. 2. 전공별 인터넷 이용가이드 제작
Virtual Training Suite/JISC/영국
전공별 학술자료 인터넷 이용가이드 한글번역
2013년 1학기 수강생 번역 후기
영문학 관련 인터넷 자료찾기/이재현
2.4. 지식정보사이트와 도구사용법 한국어설명 영상제작
한국어설명 유튜브 영상제작
Zotero 가입 및 다운로드 설명 What's Grovo?
2.5.세계 주요이슈에 관한 외신자료 큐레이팅&아카이브 구축
Penguinstepnews YouTube Channel/News Curator 양성
- History News Network
펭귄스텝뉴스 프레젠테이션 Newsy/대본
2.6. 국제적 이슈에 관한 심층분석 e-book 발간
The Choices Program/Brown Uni.
Future LearningThe Choices Program
2.7. Customizing MOOC for Korean Students
EducateMe360 – Education Is A Right And Not A Privilige
Founder Harshit Bahl
"The demand is there.
So is the brainpower.
And the content is now available for free.
The only thing required is a system
to connect the content with Indian students,
and that is exactly what we with EducateMe360 plan doing."
2.8. Cloud-Based Educational Solution
Cisco WebEx Social for Higher Education
Users can identify
subject matter experts,
gather group feedback,
co-author documents, and
gain access to mentors,
relevant communities based on the course of study,
reading lists and links to informational videos
Introducing WebEx Social for Higher Education
Announcing WebEx Social for Higher Education
2.9. MOOC & High School
MITx, edX team up with City of Chicago to bring high school students MOOC-style learning
Brown MOOC to Lure High School Students to STEM
2.10. 해외 학회
1. MOOC Conference
2. International Digital Curation Conference (IDCC)
3. Alliance of Digital Humanities Organizations (ADHO)
4. The Open and Flexible Higher Education Conference 2013/Paris 24th-25th October 2013
1. "인도 빈민가 아이도 실리콘밸리 수준의 교육 받을 수 있다"/조선일보/2013.06.17
2. "인터넷, 대학 담장마저 허물다"/조선일보/2013.04.06
3. “반값 등록금, 청년 실업 이렇게 해결할 수 있습니다"
“교수가 아니라 디지털 휴머니티 디자이너입니다"/머니투데이 2013.03.11
4. College for all/McKinsey/May 2013
5. MOOC News and Reviews
6. Bibliography of MOOC
8. The Journal of Digital Humanities
9. "The MOOC Moment" /Inside Higher Ed
10. Penguinstep Digital Campus
11. Embracing OER & MOOCs to TRANSFORM EDUCATION...?