5 Things You Need to Start Today!1. Make Yourself Attractive Online2. Make Your Network Effective3. Brand Yourself to Boost Appeal4. Use your Previous Managers And…
Take the most direct route to the job interview!
1. Polish Your LinkedIn Profile• Evaluate Your Headline – Job Title – Company – Statement of Brand – Or better yet… • What You Do • Use a Descriptive Term That Incorporates Keywords • Problems You Solve • Highlight Your Unique Qualities
Polish…Polish…PolishEvaluate Your Headline–Statement of Brand • What You Do • Problems You Solve • Highlight Your Unique Qualities
• Evaluate Your Summary – Review Job Listings on Job Boards – Use Their Terms to Describe Your Skills – Pack the Summary With Current Keywords – Make Your Profile Search-Friendly
Job Summary is not Resume• Edit Your Job Summary – Do Not • Upload Your Entire Resume – Do • Summarize Your History • Hit the Highlights • Use the Correct Keywords • Quantify Accomplishments
Picture “Matters”• Make Sure You Have a Photo – A Photo Helps Others Feel That • They Know You • They Can Connect With You – No Photo • Fake Profile • They Won’t Read Your Information • Groups Won’t Let You In
4. Call Your Previous Managers or Bosses• Who Knows Your Work Best? – Previous Managers – Previous Bosses• Call Your Previous Managers or Bosses • Boost Your Morale! • Maybe they’ll Know Someone Who is Hiring Or…
Are You Feeling Brave?Did You Have A Job End Badly?
Call Your Previous Managersor Bosses And Ask For The Truth • What Were My Weaknesses? • What Were My Strengths?
5. Contact Someone Who Can Hire You• Quickest Way to a Job Interview? – Look For Companies That You Would Like To Work For – Look For Work That You Do – Look For The Person That Would Be Your Boss Ask them what they need!
• Find the Name of the Hiring Manager• Find the Name of Their Boss• Find the Name of Their Boss’s Boss• Get Their Email Addresses• Send Your Cover Letter in the Email• Attach Your Resume• Follow Up With A Phone Call
5 Tips for Getting a Job Interview Next Week1. Polish Your LinkedIn Profile2. Tell Your Network You’re Looking3. Check Your Brand4. Call Your Previous Managers and Bosses5. Contact Someone Who Can Hire You You will quickly start to see results in your job search!