Teen Drinking Final


Published on

1 Like
  • Be the first to comment

No Downloads
Total views
On SlideShare
From Embeds
Number of Embeds
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Teen Drinking Final

  1. 1. Teen Drinking
  2. 2. <ul><li>We chose this topic because it has such a huge influence in every High School. The legal drinking age is 21 but many kids dodge that and begin heavy drinking even as early as 12 years old. Teen drinking is a huge problem when it comes to decision making and even health issues. </li></ul>
  3. 3. According to Our Survey: <ul><li>We took a survey of 25 Seniors at West Seneca West Senior High School. The results were shocking. </li></ul>
  4. 4. When Asked if the Students Ever Drank Alcohol; <ul><li>A shocking 88% of students said “yes” </li></ul><ul><li>Leaving just 12% of our surveyed seniors saying “no” </li></ul><ul><li>National Average : Three out of every four students (75%) have consumed alcohol (more than just a few sips) by the end of high school. </li></ul>
  5. 5. When did you start drinking? <ul><li>4% said 12 & or under </li></ul><ul><li>78% said ages 13 to 15 </li></ul><ul><li>17% said 16 and older </li></ul>
  6. 6. Has West drank alcohol in the past month? <ul><li>Everyone who said yes to drinking alcohol also said yes they have drank in the past month. 88% said yes. </li></ul><ul><li>12% said no they haven’t drank because they stated that they do not drink alcohol. </li></ul>
  7. 7. Do parents know that underage students drink? <ul><li>84% said that their parents are aware that they drink. </li></ul><ul><li>16% of students parents are unaware that their child is drinking on the weekends. </li></ul>
  8. 8. How often do you drink? <ul><li>48% of students said they drink every weekend </li></ul><ul><li>9% said every other weekend </li></ul><ul><li>30% said at least once a month </li></ul><ul><li>13% said they drink at least once a year </li></ul>
  9. 9. How does West get there alcohol? <ul><li>23% of students said they get it from a parent/ relative. </li></ul><ul><li>46% of students get it from a friend that is over 21. </li></ul><ul><li>35% of students said they use their fake I.D to get their alcohol. </li></ul>
  10. 10. Binge drinking is the modern definition of drinking alcoholic beverages with the primary intention of becoming intoxicated by heavy consumption of alcohol over a short period of time.
  11. 11. Do you consider yourself to be a binge drinker? <ul><li>52% of students said yes they consider themselves to be a binge drinker </li></ul><ul><li>48% said they don’t consider themselves binge drinkers </li></ul><ul><li>In 2005, about 10.8 million persons ages 12-20 (28.2% of this age group) reported drinking alcohol in the past month. </li></ul>
  12. 12. How many students have driven drunk? <ul><li>Shockingly, 32% of students have driven drunk before. </li></ul><ul><li>68% of students have not. </li></ul><ul><li>Twenty-eight percent (28%) of 15- to 20-year-old drivers who were killed in motor vehicle crashes in 2005 had been drinking. </li></ul>
  13. 13. Has there been enough done to educate students on the dangers of drinking? <ul><li>72% said yes. They believe enough has been done but the still drink anyways. </li></ul><ul><li>28% believe that there hasn’t been enough done to educate them on the dangers of drinking. </li></ul>
  14. 14. Dangers of Underage Drinking Death Addiction Thinking Problems Arrest Injury Risky Behavior Drinking and Driving Suicide
  15. 15. Work Cited <ul><li>“ SADD Statistics.” sadd.org . 20 Jan. 2010. </li></ul><ul><li>< http://www.sadd.org/stats.htm > </li></ul>