Introduction:It is a restless and turbulent stage, not only for young people, who go through manydifferent physical and emotional changes, but also for parents, who realize that theyno longer serve the strategies used so far to educate. The children are now askingexplanations, state their wishes and not settle for a "no" to dry. They are formingtheir identity.There are many causes but we will discuss the most common:1. The importance of affection.2. They have everything, except his parents.3. Social Anxiety Disorder.4. Anorexia and bulimia.5. Depression in young people.6. Internet.7. Consumption of alcohol in abundance, drugs, etc… Vocabulary:8. Abortion. Stage - Etapa Restless - Inquieta Turbulent – Turbulenta Social Anxiety Disorder - Trastorno de ansiedad social
1. The importance of affection :This cause is very important because when young people do notreceive tokens of affection become more unsociable, difficult tostand, start behaving in unsuitable ways and what they show istheir lack of love. Vocabulary: Tokens – muestras Unsociable - arisco Difficult to stand – dificil de soportar Unsuitables ways – maneras poco apropiadas Lack of love – falta de amor
2. They have everything, except his parents.The consequences are often wicked: conduct disorder, aggression,constant clashes with parents ... And also a worrying tendency toisolation, so some teenagers have already begun to be catalogued atrisk situation and supported flats temporarily sent by theAdministration.This happen because of lack of family activities, children requireparental time. Vocabulary: Wicked - perversas Clashes - enfrentamientos Isolation - aislamiento Catalogued - catalogar Risk situation - situación de riesgo Supported flats - pisos tutelados
3. Social Anxiety Disorder.Characterized by an exaggerated and persistent fear of feel exposed tothe views of others and perform in a manner that is humiliating. Thefeared social situations cause an immediate anxiety response, which hurtmuch the performance of the affected person.When you are forced to confront a feared social situation, the socialphobic anxiety suffers a notable and is likely to become paralyzed or tryto escape it. If you are forced to go and stay in it, almost invariably goingto present a marked increase in anxiety.The most common fears are:-Fear of speaking, eating or writing in public. Vocabulary:-Fear of meetings with members of the opposite sex. Humiliating - humillante-Fear of embarrassment. Feared Social Situation --Fear of stuttering or not knowing what to say. situación social temida-Afraid to go to social events. Embarrasement - vergüenza-Fear of taking tests, especially oral. Stutering - tartamudear-Fear that others perceive their state of anxiety.-Fear that their performance is not adequate or expected.
4.Anorexia and bulimia.Anorexia and bulimia have become typical diseases of our time. Currentlyit is estimated that between 3 and 4% of the young population suffersimportant eating disorders. At the sight of the extreme thinness of someanorexic or uncontrolled voracity that accompanies bulimia.Main symptoms:- Anorexia: disappearance of menstruation, changes in attitude, dizziness, fainting anddifficulty concentrating, lost or disturbance of hunger, osteoporosis (because of thehormonal changes that occur underweight). *Osteoporosis: Fragile bones because of the lack of minerals.- Bulimia: affective instability, dental problems, chronic throat irritation, weightfluctuations, dehydration and cardiac arrhythmias, inflammation of the salivary glands. Vocabulary: Voracity – voracidad Dizziness – mareo Fainting – desmayo Lost or disturbance of hunger – pérdida o alteración del hambre Affective instability – inestabilidad afectiva Chronic throat irritation – irritación crónica de la garganta Weight fluctuations – oscilaciones de peso Cardiacs arrhythmias – arritmias cardíacas Inflamation of the salivary glands – inflamación de las glándulas salivales
5.Depression in young people.On depression in children and teenagers, the number of suicideattempts in young people increases. These children and teenagersdo not really want to die. Just do not see another way to drawattention to their dearth and personal despair. Importantcomponents of suicide are depressed mood coupled with the lack ofhope and output. "Young people see no meaning to life and give us numerousindications through signs, threats, images, farewell letters, etc. Vocabulary: Draw attention – llamar la atención Dearth – penuria Personal despair – desesperación personal Farewell letters – cartas de despedida
6. Internet.It has advantages and disadvantages:Advantages: Is an access to research information, helps a lot, itsfaster, etc ...Disadvantages: young people spend hours and hours surfing theInternet and are exposed to dangers that unfortunately is hard tocontrol.They are exposed to blackmail, change data, relating to strangersetc.
7. Consumption of alcohol in abundance, drugs, etc…This problem is very common, one of the most, alcohol consumption amongyoung people is increasingly out of control. Start drinking at an early ageand take every opportunity to do so, the form in which drinking is justthinking to be drunk to have fun or to be euphoric and forget everythingelse. These causes that you have accidents, abuses,…, problems ingeneral.In the consumption of drugs is started by the drug Cannabis and then thedrug that it’s easier to obtain, this makes the impact on young people areserious and dangerous to the point of not being able to get out of thosesituations and take their lives for high and the lives of their parents.
8. Abortion. This problem is given by the imprudence of youth in not takingmeasures in their relationships and so does not create problems at home by making the decision to abort or not to abort by controversies, on this issue there is whether to kill or not kill. There are many types of abortion but we will not go into details. Vocabulary: Imprudence – imprudencia Measures – medidas Controversy - controversia
Conclusion: All these problems affect the coexistence of teenagers with their parents as young people become more rebellious from an early age and parents do not put measures to stop this uncontrolled and so to reach consequences of today.If you take measures from the start and not let the problem to be saved accumulate more problems at home and in the lives of young people, because do not forget that ‘cause of these factors many lives are lost orleave damaged it for a reason or another. Parents have to make decisions in homes although they dislike because youth is completely uncontrolled and pass breakups more often in families. Vocabulary: Coexistence – convivencia Rebellious - rebeldes