Points:10/-5 points for the slide answerBonus 50/-25 for the connectSHORT AUDIO/VISUAL CONNECT
• Started in 1968 with a contract for Punchcard services for it’s sister company. Held it’s first Campus interviews at IISc, Bangalore in 1975. In 1981, X established India’s first Software R&D centre in Pune. X became a public listed company in 2004. Has a revenue of $10.7 bn and an annual profit of $2.2 bn. In 2007, X launched ‘Innovation labs’ project with Start up alliances, university research alliances. Currently it has 19 such labs based in 3 countries.ID X.
• X was founded by Sir William Lyons in 1922 with the name “Swallow Sidecars Company” in Blackpool but moved to Coventry in 1928, originally making motorcycle sidecars before producing passenger cars.• Y is the second oldest four-wheel-car brand in the world, it was originally designed by Maurice Wilks. The first prototype was nicknamed, ‘Centre Steer’. The company was taken over by BMW in 1994, later it was bought by Ford from BMW in 2000. The company is no longer associated with Ford. Evoque is the name of it’s latest model, released in 2011. ID X and Y.
• X: Table Tennis Stud• X: The Football Stud• X: The Camel Rider• X: The Skydiver• X: The Carrom Stud• X: The Heartbreaker• X is a 5ft 4 in wonder! ID X.
• Who is the first NI Employee to walk on the Moon without wearing a Spacesuit?
• The insect species Plecia neartica is a major nuisance for motorists on highways in Florida and other parts of the southern United States. The insect is attracted to highways by automobile exhaust and thus clouds windscreens or ends up clogging radiators. The common name for this species comes from the fact that it mates riotously even as it smacks into cars. What is this name?
Connect• Neil Degrasse Tyson• Nicolas Cage• Yao Ming• Neil Patrick Harris• David Silverman• Barrack Obama• Jackie Chan
• Geethali _______ _______ Shankar is an American Jazz singer, Song writer, Pianist and Actress. Her half-sister is also into the music industry and has a few Grammy awards to her credit. Fill in the blanks and complete the name.
X?? Brownie points for its most famous use •Proposal to include X in ISI impact factor calculation. Instead of merely counting total citation to a journal, the "importance" of each citation is determined. •to arrange academic doctoral programs based on their records of placing their graduates in faculty positions. •to predict how many people (pedestrians or vehicles) come to the individual spaces or streets. And the most visted street. •to determine species that are essential to the continuing health of the environment •the analysis of protein networks in biology is reported recently
What was reason behind dropping Uncle Max’s character from Calvin & Hobbes?
Calvin’s dad and mom were not named. And Max would have had to call them something.
Scientists, specifically biochemists, and _______ connoisseurs have investigated the difference between a the two. The Department of Biochemistry at the University of Western Ontario in Canada conducted a study to determine if the preparation of a ______ has an influence on their antioxidant capacity; the study found that the X were able to break down hydrogen peroxide and leave only 0.072% of the peroxide behind, versus the Y, which left behind 0.157% of the peroxide. Thus a X has more antioxidants than a Y. The study was done at the time because moderate consumption of alcohol appears to reduce the risk of cataracts, cardiovascular disease, and stroke.Whatever be the case X universally prefered over Y .
“Salvation lies within”• Poster covering the tunnel in Shawshank Redemption
The Nevada Constitution was created in 1864 at a convention on July 4in Carson City. The convention adjourned on July 28, was approved bypublic vote on the 1st Wednesday in September, and became effectiveon October 31, when on that date President Abraham Lincoln declaredNevada to be a state.Nevadas entry into full statehood in the United States was expedited.Union sympathizers were so eager to gain statehood for Nevada thatthey did something crazy* to ensure the constitution reached beforeelection day, as they did not believe that sending it by train wouldguarantee that it would arrive on time. This way it just took them twodays and cost $4303.27. The constitution reached two weeks beforethe presidential election on November 7th . What was the crazy thingthey did??*according to QM. Craziness is subjective
• X was formed in 1997 by founding members, Ian Jones (bass/acoustic guitar), Jonathan Edwards (keyboards) and Rachel Jones (vocals). The band started as a project to record songs in Ians home studio, that had been written and performed by Jonathan, Rachel and Ian in earlier bands. The project was augmented by additional musicians, Paul Davies (electric guitars) and Gavin Griffiths (drums), who had played with other members of X in earlier bands. At the end of the recording the decision was made to continue the project as a band. The name X was chosen by the band, from a suggestion by Ian, following his trips to that region of India.
The appearance of the waitresses is a main selling feature of the restaurant. A XGirl is a waitress employed by the X restaurant chain. The girls are recognizableby their uniform of a white tank top with the “the Owl" logo and the locationname on the front paired with short nylon orange runners shorts. Originally,the shirts were white cotton, low-cut, pulled tight, and knotted in the back toemphasize the breasts and expose the midriff.Female employees are required to sign that they "acknowledge and affirm" thefollowing:1. My job duties require I wear the designated X girl uniform.2. My job duties require that I interact with and entertain the customers.3. The X concept is based on female sex appeal and the work environment is one in which joking and entertaining conversations are commonplace.4. I do not find my job duties, uniform requirements, or work environment to be offensive, intimidating, hostile, or unwelcome.
A frequently circulated story claims that Fleischerschoice of X was based on faulty calculations of itsiron content. In the story, a scientist misplaced adecimal point in an 1870 measurement of Xs ironcontent, leading to an iron value ten times higherthan it should have been. This faulty measurementwas not noticed until the 1930s..While this story hasgone through longstanding circulation, recent studyhas shown that this is a myth, and it was chosen forits vitamin A content alone.
B is a whimsical computer programming jargon term fora software bug that seems to disappear when one attemptsto study it. The term is a pun on the name of afamous physicist who is commonly associated to the observereffect of quantum mechanics.One common example of a B is a bug that appears whenthe program is compiled with an optimizing compiler, but notwhen the same program when compiled without optimization(as one often does in order to examine it with a debugger).While debugging, values that an optimized program wouldnormally be kept in registers are often pushed to mainmemory.
The name Y stems from the original dramaticserials broadcast on radio that hadmanufacturers such as Procter & Gamble,Colgate-Palmolive, and Lever Brothers assponsors and producers. These early radioserials were broadcast in weekday daytimeslots when mostly housewives would beavailable to listen.
Z is a cryptic document which has been interpreted in manyways. Most of the interpretations fall into one or more of thefollowing categories: the Historicist, which sees in Z a broadview of history; the Preterist, in which Z mostly refers to theevents of the apostolic era (first century); the Futurist, whichbelieves that Z describes future events; and the Idealist, orSymbolic, which holds that Z is purely symbolic, an allegory ofthe spiritual path and the ongoing struggle between good andevil. These approaches are by no means mutually exclusive,and can be (and usually are) used in combination with eachother.
X , as a product brand, is especially known forits packaging, a tubular paper-board can with afoil-lined interior and a resealable plastic lid,which was invented by Fredric J. Baur. Baur diedon March 4, 2008. his children honored hisrequest to bury him in one of the cans byplacing part of his cremated remains in a Xcontainer in his grave. X?
Theories behind the etymology of MN. *N represents the year it was introduced.*N represents the number of pieces the whole M needs to be cut into. *N represents the age of the M used.Onji MN paadle.
Although not being his actual birthday, TGcelebrates his birthday on September 7th. 7thSeptember 1962 was the date when TG cameinto prominence when he was kicked withshoes by the police for protesting. TG is in thenews all the time for all the wrong reasonswhich include his unique protests since 1962that have involved the use of broomsticks,camels, pigs, donkeys, buffaloes and attires likethe burkha and the constables uniform. TG wasalso served a notice by the EC for selling CG,his party symbol at much lower prices than themarkets to ‘raise funds’. TG yaaru? CG yenu?
In some versions of the Ramayana, when Rama leaves Ayodhyafor his 14-year exile, a crowd of his subjects follow him into theforest because of their devotion to him. Soon Rama noticesthis, and gathers them to tell them not to mourn, and that allthe men and women of his kingdom should return to theirplaces in Ayodhya. Rama then leaves and has adventures for 14years. When he returns to Ayodhya, he finds that a group ofpeople have not moved from the place where he gave hisspeech. Impressed with their devotion, Rama grants them theboon to confer blessings on people during auspicious inauguraloccasions like childbirth and weddings.How do we better know the group of people who stayed back?
Origin story of Hijras• “all the men and women”
Google trend of what?May 2012 – SRK. April 2011?? April 11 May 12
Poonam Ji [Image removed due to censorship Violation]
"I present my dress collections on the fifth of May, the fifth month of the year and so we will let this sample number five keep the name it has already, it will bring good luck.“Who ? Name of what??
Little cumbrae - Why was this scotish island in the news recently??The answer I am looking for is aperson/organisation, who are have beencontacted by harvard university aboutintroducing new courses.
• X asked Brad Hartmaier what he did and he replied; "Im the art director/prop man/painter/mad scientist". X quickly replied with a chuckle..."Ha ha, Im just X“. Id.