Insight to Human
BY Paulus Kaupolo
What is HRM
HRM is bout attracting, selecting, interviewing, developing,
monitoring and keeping record of human capital in the
Roles of HR Manager
Conducting job analyses
Planning and identifying labour needs
Recruiting and selecting job candidates
Training and developing employees
Managing wages and salaries
Managing employee’s performance
• Determine the degree of workforce
• Conduct job analysis
• Consider staff required
• Decide where staffs to be recruited
• Consider salary and wage programme
HR vs Organisation Strategy
• The HR strategy must be inline with organisation strategy
Factors affecting HR Planning
The allocated budget
Degree of expected employees leaving organisation
Labour market condition
Qualities of employees
Recruitment and Selection
Recruitment is the process of attracting more qualified
candidates for the job.
It can be internal or external recruitment
What are the sources of recruitment?
Selection is the process of choosing the most suitable candidate
for the job in the pool of applicants.
It can be done in a form of ; interview, personality test and
Training and development
• In the world of competition, training and development of
employees are the tools to keep you ahead your competitors.
• Employees need to be trained on technical skills and
developed to assume greater position in the organisation
What are the types of training programme?
• It vital to establish a performance standard s
• Measure employee’s performance against those standards
• Identify top performers and reward them
Note: Employees will be motivated to their work if there is an
effective performance management system at place.
Wasthecontentuseful? Letmehearat firstname.lastname@example.org