• How work ‘flows’ through marketing
› Who initiates?
› Who approves?
› Who briefs who?
› Rules around Compliance (brand and legal)
› Timescales & SLA’s
› Success measures
Create time, to think through in detail how your
department will function – there is no avoiding it.
Document it and agree it!
Process – Key learning
• Clear data strategy
• Clear ownership
• Continual programme – it will never end
› Soft bounces/unsubscribe/sales team changes
• Segmentation rules
› Sector/job role/job grade/customer status
Platforms – Data
Platforms – Our ecosystem
• Data management
• Pipeline reporting
• Sales opportunity
handover and management
• eDM build
• Landing page build
• Campaign deployment
• Digital footprint analysis
• MI and reporting for campaign ROI
• Product Roadmap
• Training / Development needs
• Ease of Implementation
• Who else uses it?
• Account Support
• Technical Support
Platforms - Things to consider
It all starts with a clear data strategy,
then careful consideration of the
Platforms – Key learning
That decision will live with you for a potentially very long time.
• Consider a phased launch approach
• Do not drown the team
› New process/job roles/ways of working
• Think of end-to-end functionality
• Building content funnels, for clear customer journeys
• Build confidence and stakeholder engagement
› Based on actual results
This is a marathon and not a sprint. A phased
launch approach allows you to review, adapt and
enhance with each new process you automate.
Performance – Key learning
It also allows time to stakeholder manage your sales
teams and senior management, whilst proving ROI.