These Must Be Some of
the Best Kept Gambling
Secrets in the World
Many people gamble for enjoyment. I find the enjoyment is
increased when you can make a profit as well. Here is some of the
best kept secrets of gambling.
1. Horse racing form works out most of the year as long as the
going remains constant. Any sudden change in the going from
good to heavy for example stop betting
2. The UK bookmakers best bets: Trixie bet, each way double and
treble, straight win at value prices, each way single, Tote Jackpot,
Tote placepot, tote quadpot, tote trifecta and the tote exacta. The
tote can offer tremendous value on horses from unfashionable
trainers or ridden by less known jockeys
3. Never chase your losses. There is always another
4. If your time is very limited concentrate on the higher
class races ridden by the best jockeys as form is
usually more reliable
5. Look for a horse with good current form. Only support
horses with rider and trainers in good form. If a trainers
string is running badly don't support them.
6. Be wary of backing horses that are not running
over their ideal distance.
7. Check for horses that have run well from a bad
draw last time out
8. Look out for horses that win at unusual courses
such as Epsom, Chester, Towcester, Fakenham.
They obviously like these type of tracks.
9. Shop around different bookmakers for the best prices, you
don't have to take the first price on offer
10. Be disciplined and Keep a record of your bets. Keep a
note of the date, stake, type of bet, odds, type of race etc,
this will give you an idea of the weak and strong points of
your betting activity
11. Be careful with your anti-post bets on the flat when the
draw is a big factor. You could back a horse at a good price,
then on the day of the race it gets an impossible draw
Paul Coleman is a professional horse racing form expert.
Paul runs Horse Racing Confidential tipping service:
and supplies extensive betting advice and free tips,
systems, reviews, etc, at his fully active