How to make the most of Ecademy
from our “Making Plans” series of talks
I don’t work there...
I can’t answer questions about:
•The future of Ecademy
•Complaints about structure
•Why things are the way they are...
– On Ecademy or can find Ecademy
– You’ll be a PowerNetworkers
– You can follow the on-screen instructions
• 15 minutes
• Question-and-answer session
Membership levels - quickly
£10 a month plus VAT
£140 a month including VAT
Full list of features
What’s the point...?
Why bother with Ecademy?
•Networking further and wider
•Market your business to a wider
•Use it as part of your SEO strategy
•Gain knowledge, support
• Social rules apply!
• Think it through
• Make it visually appealing and
interesting; get help if necessary
• Photo – of you
• SEO Keywords & Description
• 50 Words (see also Most popular 50 words page)
• Appears after blog posts, articles,
comments and other content that you
add to Ecademy
• What does your signature look like?
• Privacy and Display
• Email and Notifications
• Your status and location
– See also Everyone’s Status page
• Twitter authorisation
External web content
Manage your external feeds and appear
more frequently on Ecademy home page
• It’s a social network
• Comment constructively or
appreciatively or don’t comment
• Don’t comment just to get a link
• Use saved searches to find blogs to
• Your own spotlight
• Whose spotlights are you in?
• Public listings
• Don’t just sell, give away
• Two marketing truths
• Add a listing
Own your own club
• Give it away – yes again!
• Free entry
• Get all contacts in
• Let people know that they can
• Have a presence
• Blog effectively
• Blog what you know
• Tell people
• Forward links to relevant media
• Add information at the bottom about
contacting you to reprint or reproduce
• Takes effort
• Ongoing effort
• Rewards are worth it
• It’s about networking so it’s about
building a name and building trust
Ecademy is only one of over 400 social
networks on the Internet; UnderDesign is
a social media management company
that exists to help you make sense of it.
Talk to us; you’ll be surprised what we
can do for your business.