Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.

Deaths up sharply in delhi govt report

127 views

Published on

Deaths up sharply in delhi govt report

Published in: Health & Medicine
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

Deaths up sharply in delhi govt report

  1. 1. Deaths up sharply in Delhi Govt. report Increasing Antibiotic Resistance Causing Septicemia, TB Mortality: Experts The Nurses and attendants staff we provide for your healthy recovery for bookings Contact Us:-
  2. 2. Contd.. Delhi saw 332 deaths daily in 2014 compared to 266 in the preceding year. Of this, 61.50% deaths took place in hospitals and the rest (38.50%) at home. The data is part of the annual report on registration of births and deaths in Delhi in 2014.Septicemia (8.92%) and tuberculosis (5.83%) were the biggest causes of death in hospitalized patients followed by diseases of pulmonary circulation and other forms of heart disease (4.07%) and shock (3.91%). Of the total deaths reported in 2014, 62.17% were male and 37.83% female. In 2012 and 2013, the percentage of institutional deaths caused due to septicemia was 7.32% and 8.25%, respectively .Tuberculosis deaths for the corresponding period stood at 4.60% and 4.75%, respectively . The Nurses and attendants staff we provide for your healthy recovery for bookings Contact Us:-
  3. 3. Contd.. “Septicemia is a severe infection caused by a bacteria which leads to organ dysfunction. High death rates due to this condition may be explained by increasing antibiotic resistance. Many patients die because the infections are not treatable even with most high-end antibiotics,“ said Vishwajeeth Kumar, a public health activist. A senior doctor at AIIMS said death due to tuberculosis is also related to antibiotic resistance. “While global trends show over 50% decline in deaths due to tuberculosis, the statistics released by the Delhi government is showing a significant jump over the past few years,“ he said. Cancer patients, diabetics, transplant patients and those suffering from rheumatoid arthritis, in particular, are dependent on antibiotics for survival, the doctor added. The latest data shows maximum deaths occurred in the 65-and-above age-group. The Nurses and attendants staff we provide for your healthy recovery for bookings Contact Us:-
  4. 4. Contd.. An official in Delhi government said that many people from other states come to Delhi for treatment. “We record all deaths that take place in Delhi hospitals. The patient may not necessarily be a local,“ he said. The official added that the causes of hospitalised deaths have been divided into 24 categories. “Septicemia is a generalized condition but a significant percentage of deaths are also taking place due to heart disease, respiratory problems and viral diseases. Mosquitoborne diseases account for less than 0.50 per cent of all institutional deaths,“ he said. The Nurses and attendants staff we provide for your healthy recovery for bookings Contact Us:-
  5. 5. This platform has been started by Parveen Kumar Chadha with the vision that nobody should suffer the way he has suffered because of lack and improper healthcare facilities in India. We need lots of funds manpower etc. to make this vision a reality please contact us. Join us as a member for a noble cause. The Nurses and attendants staff we provide for your healthy recovery for bookings Contact Us:-The Nurses and attendants staff we provide for your healthy recovery for bookings Contact Us:-
  6. 6. Our views have increased the mark of the 1,86,500  Thank you viewers  Looking forward for franchise, collaboration, partners. The Nurses and attendants staff we provide for your healthy recovery for bookings Contact Us:-
  7. 7. Contact us:- 011-25464531, 9818569476 E-mail:- nursingcrusade@gmail.com We are also available on Justdial New Delhi. Nursing Crusade Earlier Known as Nursing Hi Nursing The Nurses and attendants staff we provide for your healthy recovery for bookings Contact Us:-

×