2. COMPANY PROFILE
• Infibeam.com is an electronic commerce company headquartered in Ahmedabad, India. It
is an online retailer for books, electronics, and automobiles in India. Infibeam.com was
started in 2007. The company is headquarterd in Ahmedabad, has offices in Ahmedabad,
Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore, and has a total of 300 employees.
• In 2008, Infibeam created a student support site known as presentsir.com. Later, they
acquired Picsquare.com, a photo printing website based in Bangalore. In August 2010,
Infibeam.com launched www.infibeam.us for US consumers. Infibeam also launched an
EBook reader, Infibeam Pi, its successor Pi2, and a media device, Infibeam Phi.
• In Sept, 2010, Infibeam was rated as one of the Top 5 Digital Brands in the e-commerce
category by a survey of the Economic TImes.
• Infibeam also provides an e-commerce platform to retailers like NDTVshopping, HiDesign,
• Infibeam has launched buildabazaar.com, allowing online businesses to create their own
e-commerce store. In the past, online commerce portals have tied up with large publishers,
and had to pay them a fee – something on the lines of a traffic / user acquisition fee – for
selling. What Infibeam has done is, created a standard format for sales.
3. PROJECT PROFILE
• Using Social Media (Facebook.com) for eBusiness (Infibeam.com)
• The entire project is divided into three steps in order to generate a new wave
on Social Media.
• The steps are :
• 1. Get more people to know about Infibeam's presence on Facebook.
o Solution : Create an application that can catch maximum eyeballs.
• 2. Launch a Facebook Store for Infibeam.
• Post Project Step :
• 3. Create a Feedback Management System for all the platforms of Infibeam.
4. Introduction to Project :
The project's main idea is to use Facebook.com more efficiently in order to create a business from the
To achieve such a goal, one has to understand that establishing an online store on a new platform requires
some steps to be followed.
My project consists of such steps.
The one by one course of such actions can create a wave of new generation social marketing.
Step 1: Step one is to make the prelaunched sence felt.
Infibeam.com is continuously trying to get the best out of social media through mass communication on
But there was a need to create a hype, so that the presence of Infibeam on Facebook can be felt.
To achieve it, I, along with Infibeam executives decided to grab an opportunity on the day of Valentine’s.,
launching an application that can calculate Love Count. As expected, the application got viral and we
received more than 250 clicks in first one and a half minutes of its launch because of our marketing
strategy through which the participants above 90% of Love Count could win a 1000 Rs voucher from
Result: The page today has more than 18 lakh likes and its increasing day by day.
5. Introduction to Project (Cont.):
Step 2 :The next step is to launch a Facebook store in which Facebook users can buy things from
This part of the project is most critical because it is the part that decides the real value of Infibeam.com on
This part mainly includes the introduction of one particular section of Infibeam, named as ‘Hot Deals’ on
Step 3: And the last step of the project is all about the assessment of the above two steps. A Feedback
Management System is to be made that can be appended to multiple platforms of Infibeam like the main
website, Facebook application and the mobile site.
10. STEP ONE: Result
• 250 hits in first one minute
• Potential to catch eyeballs of 18Lakh+
• Introducing Infibeam to active social
• Creating an Identity among Facebook Users
18. STEP TWO: Result
• Enabling Facebook to use as a business
• Creating business opportunity, attracting
mass to generate revenue
• Become first in India to attract potential
customers on Facebook to buy products