Nirvigna - Rendering Hi-Res graphics on commodity cluster
- The Problem
- Solution is Nirvigna
- What is Ray-Tracing
- What is Pov-Ray
- OpenSSI – The cluster
- Nirvigna : out of the box
- Current Status
- Demo – Its the fun time
Animation industry is doing it the hard way...
- 3D Graphics rendering tasks are complex and time consuming.
- Rendering infrastructure is very costly
- Infrastructure includes specially designed software and hardware
hence the animation film costs more...
Solution is “Nirvigna”
Nirvigna does it the easy way...
- It is a toolkit to enable production of high quality 3D graphics
on commodity cluster
- Distributed animation frame rendering.
- 3D graphics through POV-Ray Tracer
- Easy Scene Description Language
- Utilizes power of cluster computing from OpenSSI project
hence the animation film production can be less costly...
What is Ray Tracing?
“Ray Tracing is a rendering technique that calculates image of scene
by simulating the way light rays travel in real world”
- User needs to specify position of Lights and Camera.
- Results in high resolution 3D scene.
- Simulation of shading and reflection.
What is Pov-Ray?
“ Persistence of Vision (POV) – Ray is a open source ray tracer which
can generate high quality 3D graphics”
- Easy SDL
- Quality upto 48-bit color
- Rich primitives
- Supports output in many image file formats , like , PNG, TIFF, PPM
OpenSSI- The Cluster
“ OpenSSI is an open source cluster environment developed by
collective efforts of HP and Compaq”
- True Single System Image
- Transparent Process Migration
- Clusterwide PIDs & Clusterwide shared resources
- Efficient load leveling