Your prospects want accessible and relevant information—but delivering it is easier said than done. In this session, we’ll show you how to use data you already have to create a personalized experience for your prospects. Learn to use variable tags to customize your emails, utilize prospect browsing data with dynamic content in landing pages and emails, implement progressive profiling/dependent fields on Pardot forms, and much more.
Prospect’s Buyer Persona
Marketing User vs Executive User vs IT User
Marketing: What can I learn? How does it help me do my
job? What do YOU want to see?
Executive: What value/ROI does this provide?
IT: How do I implement this? What resources do I need?
Might not be easy to define
• CEOs of small companies running marketing
Actions are more important than someone’s title
• It shows their interest.
Re-evaluate your lead qualification
• How well are you using scoring and grading
Speaking of Interests
What do you already know about their interests?
Tailor what they see based on what you know they want
• Ex: Are they interested in a specific product?
Optimize the content based on this interaction.
• Use tools like A/B testing.
Prospect’s Lifecycle Stage
Prospects or Customers?
Opportunity for upgrading customers
Base criteria off score or grade
Lower the score, more education
Higher the score, calls to action
Advertise directly to folks when events are happening in
Offering in-person demos vs scheduling a call
Quotes/Case-Studies from local clients
Pro Tip: Use auto-geography identification by IP
To setup, edit the initial field that needs to be completed.
• Ex: If country is US or Canada, ask for State/Province
• Edit Country field to set up dependency
• Can’t make a field dependent upon another dependent
Landing Page Statistics
Over 50% of people who visit your landing page will leave
after 10 seconds.
Set Yourself Up for Success
• Keep branding consistent and avoid any confusion
• Use limited links and reduce any chance that they will
become distracted and navigate away
• Always serve up relevant content. Not bait and switch.
When Creating Dynamic Landing Page Content
• Have a purpose
• Have a plan
• Use your own CSS
• Test, test, test!
You can always improve through testing!
Headline - keep it short and direct
Offer - demo, free consultation, whitepaper
Images - demo screenshot, whitepaper pages
Questions Asked - department vs job title
• Make the content relevant to who you are sending to.
• Be ethical and honest in your messages
• Make your messages about quick wins.
• Ex: If you have X problem, this is how you solve it
• How to make email relevant & engaging before they
even open the email.
• 33% of email recipients open email based on subject
line alone. (Convince & Convert via Salesforce.com)
• Recipients often only read the subject line or the first
few lines of an email. Include your CTA first.
• Subject lines fewer than 10 characters long had an
open rate of 58%. (Adestra July 2012 Report)
• Great for adding in details you know about the person
from their prospect record
• Works in the subject line
• Use default mail merge values to cover all the bases
• Testing using test lists
When Creating Dynamic Email Content
Be aware of the "creep factor" when using names and
other sensitive info.
Timing is key!
- 2am on the weekend feels automated
A/B Testing in Pardot
1. List splitting
2. Separate Email Templates
3. Compare Rules
• Write an email like you’d write to your mom.
• Don’t overuse HTML.
• Make it personal.
• Keep a consistent point of contact (from assigned user)
• Don’t overdo the customization. Just 1-3 dynamic
Make the content relevant to who you are sending to.
• Which of these points are relevant?
Be ethical and honest in your messages
• Subject line & email content actual align
Make your messages about quick wins.
• If you have X problem, this is how you solve it
You have now successfully completed this
course. Please take a minute to fill out an
evaluation of your course experience. You
can find it on the Connections app!
Don’t have the app? Ask your instructor for a paper evaluation.
Register for Office Hours: