How to install / configure / setup language pack in SharePoint 2010
How to Install Language Pack in SharePoint 2010Microsoft provides number of great features in SharePoint 2010 for end users. Language pack is one ofthem. It provides the ability to view SharePoint in different languages Such as Hindi, Arabic, Bulgarian,Dutch, Chinese….etc. Microsoft provides 40 Different language pack including English (Default Languageof SharePoint).One interesting thing is that in one language pack number of sub-languages are alsoavailable. For example in Hindi language pack, other Indian languages are also present such as “Punjabi,Marathi, Guajarati, Tamil, Urdu, and Teague…….etc”.We can also install multiple language pack on same SharePoint server.Then we can enable existing site with one or more of installed languages.Follow steps below to installLanguage Pack in SharePoint 2010.Steps:- 1. Down load Language Pack which we want from Microsoft Site (http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=4731). Let’s go for Hindi Language Pack.As its my national language 2. So let’s Choose Hindi from dropdown List
3. After clicking on Hindi wait for few seconds, new window will be open in Hindi as shown below.
4. Click on Download, which is highlighted. It takes few minutes to download.5. After completion of downloading Double click on” ServerLanguagePack .exe” to start setup. And follow below screenshots.
6. Configuration wizard runsautomatically after completion of language pack setup.7. After clicking next new pop window opens.click yes.
8. After clicking yes, configuration wizard continuing the setup.
9. Click on finish button to finish the setup.10. After finishing setup ,SharePoint 2010 central administration opens
11. Click on SharePointCentral Administration---->Application Management.
12. In Application Management Go to, Site Collections-->view all site collections
13. After clicking view all site collection site collection list window opens.
14. Select wer site URL and open in new internet explorer tab. Wer site opens ,then go to“Site Action --> Site Settings”
15. In Site Settings go to, Site Administration --->Language Setting
16. In language setting, underAlterNet Language(s), selectHindi, and then click on ok button.
17. Then go to web site back, then go to welcome control as shown in the screen below and move mouse over Select Display language. It shows another menu.
18. Click on Hindi, wer site might be displaying in Hindi.
Install another language PackAs mentioned above we can install multiple language pack on same SharePoint server. Let’s Follow thesame steps for another language pack; let’s go for Arabic Language pack.Follow the same steps from 1 to 15 for Arabic language Pack. Then …….16. In language setting, under AlterNet Language(s), select both Arabic and Hindi, And then click on okbutton.
17. Then go to site back, then go to welcome Control as shown in screen below and move mouse overSelect Display language. It shows another menu.
19. After clicking on Arabic whole site shown in Arabic.
Viewing Installed Language PacksAfter installing language pack successfully in SharePoint. We are able to see list of installed languagepack. for this follow the following steps… 1. Go to Central Admin --->Upgrade and Migration
2. Then click on Upgrade And Migration----->Check product and path installation status
3. Now we are able to see list of installed language pack in SharePoint
Note:-If we are uninstalling SharePoint Server 2010, we must uninstallall language pack before we uninstall.