We can not survive longer with food lacking of
nutrients similarly employees can not survive longer
on his job without the employability skills.
•The level of skills demanded by employers had
increased, mainly because:
a)higher levels of technology,
b)increasing competition, and
c)increasing concerns about quality of products.
Soft skills is relating to a person's "EQ" (Emotional Intelligence
Quotient), the cluster of personality traits, social graces,
communication, language, personal habits, friendliness, and
optimism that characterize relationships with other people.
Soft skills relate to a person's ability to interact effectively with
coworkers and customers and are broadly applicable both in
and outside the workplace.
Thus the soft skills become complementary to employability
•The difference between the skills needed on the job and
those possessed by applicants, are called as the skillsgap.
• •Skill gap is of real concern to human resource managers
and business owners looking to hire competent
• •Employers need reliable, responsible workers who can
solve problems and who have the social skills and
attitudes to work together with other workers.
• •The problem is that technology is changing everyday but
the study is remaining the same. Students get more
theoretical knowledge and less practical application.
Some of the important Soft Skills:
• Ability to work under pressure/efficiency
• Interpersonal skills
• Holistic thinking
• Ability to accept criticism
• Conflict-solving skills
The cluster of personality
Traits, social graces,
Friendliness and optimism
Soft skills complement
which are the technical
requirements of a job.
Involved intrapersonal and
UUB 3013 Study Skills
APPROACHES TO DEVELOP SOFT SKILLS
3 common approaches to developing soft skills
among graduates are:
1. The curriculum-integrated approach which
enables students to develop soft skills within the
context of their discipline;
2. The stand-alone approach wherein soft skills
development is taught in a unit separate from core
discipline studies; and
3. Work placements or work-based projects which
require students to spend a portion of their time in
• People of either gender, different age groups,
qualification, status & skills work as a team with a
common objective of accomplishing the task
• The success of any organization largely depends
on in the coordinated efforts of its employees
• It mainly refers to the agreeableness & cooperation among the team members
Professional ethics is the need of the hour in India
When a person is at the work spot, he must think of
his work only
He must put his heart & soul into the work
Each employee is a organic part of the organization &
must strive to contribute his might to the successful
functioning of the organization.
Effective Communication in the Workplace
• Effective communication is the process
of transmitting clearly understood
messages between all involved parties.
• The ability to communicate effectively is
extremely important to a person’s
success in the workplace.
• Communication of information is a
primary resource for every business.
Soft skill Training (Contd.)
ART OF NEGOTIATION
Soft skill Training (Contd.)
ART OF CONVERSATION