• The main objective of the study is that as ITC ltd is new
in FMCG business they want to know their position in the
market as well as know the position of the competitors.
• To know the visibility of both the bottles as well as
sachets in the market.
• To know where itc shampoo stands compare to the
• What is the preference of the customer and why.
• Comparison of bottles and sachets in the Kolkata market.
• Gaining knowledge about the process of sales.
• Exchange of facts, opinions, idea while interacting.
• Helping to analyse situations and for the company for the
purpose of growth.
• Helping to build strategy for the company to tackle the
• To find out the potential area and outlets in the market.
• ITC was incorporated on August 24, 1910 under
the name Imperial Tobacco Company of India
• One of India's premium private player with an
experience of 100 years
• Large and establish distribution network with an
market capitalization of us $ 15 billion
• Annual turnover of us $ 4.75.
• It enter into the personal care segment in 2005.
• It has a vast diversification.
• 24 Aug1910 – ITC incorporated under the name of
'Imperial Tobacco Company of India Limited'.
• 1925– ITC’s Packaging & Printing Business Division was set
up as a strategic backward integration for ITC’s Cigarettes
• 1974 – The Company's ownership progressively Indianised,
and the name of the Company was changed to ITC Limited
(Indian tobacco company).
• 1975 – The Co. launched its HOTEL BUSINESS which was
named ‘ITC-Welcome group Hotel Chola’.
• 1979 – ITC entered the Paperboards Business by promoting.
Bhadrachalam Paperboards Limited, which today has become
the market leader in India.
• 2002 – Enter into fmcg sector.
ITC BUSINESS PORTFOLIO
Current market size estimated at over Rs. 29000 cores (growing at 12%
ITC presence established in Body Wash (Soaps, shower gels), Hair Care
Product portfolio enlarged with the launch of Fairness cream.
Portfolio approach straddling all consumer segments with 4 umbrella brands
• Essenza Di Wills (Prestige)
• Fiama Di Wills (Premium)
• Vivel Di Wills and Vivel (Mid)
• Superia (Popular)
Products well received in the market, gaining customer acceptance
Supported by investments in brands – celebrity endorsements
Investments being made in Research & Development and strategic tax
incentivized manufacturing sites
• They have a DIFFERANTIAL MARKETING STRATEGY
• Always use their existing channels.
• Various kind of promotions
• Brand Ambassador are selected according to the brands
and mostly are YOUTH ICONS
• They emphasize on going with current trend in the
• Trade channel covers the distance between
the producer and the consumer
• ITC Foods/Fmcg utilizes distribution network
• Distributes products to more than a million outlets
across the country
• Distribution centres located in the major states
• E-choupals-distribution channel where the farmers
are linked to the companyITC LTD
• Supervision process is to avoid overstocking and stock outs
• Frequency of distribution to retail outlets
• Help retailers manage their stock better
• company can manage working capital better
• ERP based logistics link-Distributers-Warehouses-Marketing
branches toits head offices and factories
• Developed a companywide hybrid network called Project
• HINDUSTAN UNILEVER LIMITED
• PROCTER & GAMBLE HYGIENE & HEALTH CARE
• GODREJ CONSUMER PRODUCTS LIMITED.
• DABUR INDIA LIMITED.
• H0= there is no significant difference between the sunsilk
pouch and the sunsilk bottles
• H1=there is a significant difference between sunsilk
pouch and bottles
• T Cal= x1̅ - x̅ 2/s√1/n1+1/n2 = .945
• DOF with 5%level t tab is3.28
• T tab> t cal accept H0
• There is no significant difference between the sunsilk
bottles and sunsilk shampoo
• H0= the nul hypothesis there is no association
between the features of the product and the different
brands of product.
• H1= there is a relation between the features of the
product and the various brand.
• 9 dof 5% level = 16.919.
• The calculated value =18.858
• The tabulated value = 16.919
• Chi2 calculated > chi2 tabulated accept H1
• It implies the two variable are not independent the
features of shampoo and the different brands of
• So we accepted the H1 and reject H0.
• Stock problem need to be curbed out though they having the
stock in the godown it is unable to reach the dealers
• The timing delivery is very necessary.
• The packaging need to be upgraded
• The quality of the product need to be enhanced
• The must give free samples with the hot product like ashirwad
atta and vivel soap.
• Every variant need to have RS 1 sachets.
• Need to tap the rural market.
• Need to focus on advertisement like T.V, NEWSPAPER,
RADIO, AS WELL AS PAMPLETES.
• Off seasons campaign in rural area
• Need to create two separate team name fiama and vivel which
will only deal with shampoo.
• Need to promote more LP outlets.
• Live workshop in different malls to attracts customersITC LTD